Morrowind and NWN
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Talinor
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Morrowind and NWN

Might I be able to customize things to the point of having control over otherwise uncontrollable summoned creatures in Morrowind? (If you can't control them already; I haven't gotten there yet.) Could this be done in NWN?
Post Tue May 21, 2002 2:20 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

The answer to Morrowind is No. There's no way to issue any sort of orders to the summoned creatures (well, heavy scripting might let you)... let alone 'switch bodies' to control them directly.

As to NWN? Hmm... I would imagine multiple character per player capabilities are built in. In that case, it would function like the infinity engine (BG1&2) summoned creatures which you could let follow their scripts or click on to take direct control of. If NWN is single character only in the single player campaign... things will go poorly. I can't see that happening.

So I'm going to guess very difficult if not impossible for absolute control in Morrowind and ridiculously and unrealistically easy in NWN where summoned creatures are Pokemon. "Use your fireball attack, Effreeti!" *in whiny obnoxious voice*

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue May 21, 2002 1:03 pm
Aeolus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

From scripting in Baldur's GAte I can say that it would be possible to have creatures that followed you around and attacked all aggressive creatures... anything beyond that would require as Xen said heavy scripting... even gump design. Pokemon-esque creature commands would be possible... in a basic kinda a way, I *could* write a script to set your summoned pets stance to defensive, long range attack etc... but I couldn't give it commands like attack, withdraw, pick up quite simply because there are so many avenues to take into consideration. Despite what all devs try to tell you... there is a limit on everything.

PS: In terms of 'becoming' summoned creature you could use something like IF Spell Cast:Control Deamon or whatever THEN polymorph PC "dmon" or something like that... but that would be the limit of 'possesion'... to add to realism you could spawn a frozen mimic of yourself....
Post Fri May 31, 2002 9:21 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

i think IF you were gonna make commands for MWD, you would have to limit it to attack/not attack, otherwize it would be WAY too complicated.

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:09 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

In Neverwinter Nights you will be able to actually BE the Dungeon Master, so you can basically do whatever you want.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:12 pm