Scrolls,Inventory &telling the time?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Reagan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Scrolls,Inventory &telling the time?

1.Where can I find/buy Transformation Scrolls?
2. Is there a way to tell what time of Day or Night it is?
3. INVENTORY: I'm only lev 8 and I already have hundreds of items-so many it takes me 15 mins just to scroll through the Inventory.Literally dozens of Books (I have no idea as to their use-useless info? Toss em out?)
Same with coins-have 3 slots of coins.They all APPEAR to be exactly the same and they all say "Coin",but they will not combine.

Same with Torches-have two slots,one with torches that have bright red tips,the other has no red tip.They both ID as "torch" and I find no difference in light or duration yet they will not combine.

I would like to pare this Inventory to something more manageable-but-loathe to do it for fear I may discard something I will need later.Do the Traders/merchants EVER Restock? Everytime I've gone back to one the only things they have are what I have previously traded to them.
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:36 am
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

These are mostly sold by the magicians in each town who do the selling of spells.

Not that I recall - but maybe somebody else can help. Does it matter?

3. INVENTORY: I would like to pare this Inventory to something more manageable-but-loathe to do it for fear I may discard something I will need later.

When you get a hut (depending on which group you align with) you will be able to store everything in the chest in your hut. Get one right away and put extra stuff in there.

Do the Traders/merchants EVER Restock? Everytime I've gone back to one the only things they have are what I have previously traded to them.

Yes, not sure of the frequency though.
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:24 pm
Reagan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Joey Nipps
These are mostly sold by the magicians in each town who do the selling of spells..

I have found plenty of scrolls-but never found any Transformation Scrolls.WHO,specifically,sells these?

quote:
Not that I recall - but maybe somebody else can help. Does it matter?.

Yes,it matters. Someone posted times that certain NPC's were to be found at different locations (specifically one named Gor-Na-Drak-from whom I can learn to take Mandibles)-IF they knew how to tell what times these NPC's would be somewhere then obviously there is a way to tell TIME in the game.

3. INVENTORY: I would like to pare this Inventory to something more manageable-but-loathe to do it for fear I may discard something I will need later.
quote:
When you get a hut (depending on which group you align with) you will be able to store everything in the chest in your hut. Get one right away and put extra stuff in there..

Ahh-great,I'll do that-thanks.

Do the Traders/merchants EVER Restock? Everytime I've gone back to one
the only things they have are what I have previously traded to them.
quote:
Yes, not sure of the frequency though.

OK-maybe I'm just not waiting long enough-must be several days though.
Maybe more-dunno,but,I know I have checked more than a few 2 days later and they still had same stuff I traded.
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:54 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

I think you can cheat to get a clock. The traders get new stuff avery new chapter and there is no specially trader that sell only transformation scrolls but look in the SC.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:58 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You needn't cheat to get a clock. Just look up the time in your journal (press 'n' to access that), the actual time is shown there. Transformation scrolls are sold by Cronos at NC and Baal Cadar at SC (he has the first bloodfly scrolls); since I never bought anything from Torrez at OC I don't know about his stock in scrolls, but I guess he will have them.
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 3:26 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Traders re-stock every Chapter.
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 3:39 pm
Death
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
You needn't cheat to get a clock. Just look up the time in your journal (press 'n' to access that), the actual time is shown there.

Wow, I didn't know such a thing was in Gothic, Thanks Jaz.
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 6:04 pm
Reagan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for the replys.
OK,now lets stick to the fact that I'm in CHAPTER ONE-I'm going to be in CH1 UNTIL I decide to join a camp.So the fact that Traders change their Inventory each Chapter is useless to me.
At this point ALL of my inquiries are relative ONLY to CH ONE.

MAGIC: The 3 magic traders- -Torrez in OC,-- Baal Cadar in SC, and --Chronos in NC: . I got some Runes,potions,writings and some various scrolls from these three but NONE had a transformation scroll of any kind. I have traveled back to each one now at least 3 times and they each still have the same stuff I traded to them for items I received in the first encounter.
After reading Jaz's reply that Baal Cadar had the Bloodfly Scroll I returned once more to Baal Cadar but it was a fruitless journey.

Obviously, *Bugs* are so prolific in this Game that the Developers deliberately included the "Marvin" Cheat Code as a means to compensate for its poor design.
Gads,I DETEST Cheating. I detest it in RL and I detest it in a Game---I feel......well....CHEATED!
Nevertheless,I suppose IF I want that damn Bloodfly Scroll in Chapter 1, then I will HAVE to activate the "Marvin" Code. Gaaaaahhhh!!!!!
Post Sun Apr 21, 2002 2:42 pm
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

I do not believe what you are encountering is a bug. I do not think those particular scrolls are available in Chapter 1 by design. As with virtually every game ever made, the game is paced to some extent so you cannot get the BEST weapon too early, the best magic spells too early, etc. This game is no different. Those transform scrolls appear later (I forget which Chapter). You have NO need for them in Chapter 1 and I suspect this is simply one of the "pacing" techniques promoted by the designers. You CANNOT do many things until later chapters - enjoy.
Post Sun Apr 21, 2002 3:27 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You will find the meatbug transform when you need it... as for the others, yes, the traders will have them later. Just be patient.
Post Sun Apr 21, 2002 3:48 pm

When Mickey's big hand is on 12 and his small hand is on 1 it's one o'clock. (1300) military time.
Post Sun Apr 21, 2002 6:53 pm