akbaa meteor
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
cussbox
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

akbaa meteor

I have looked high and low for one more meteor and am unable to find it. I know there are suppose to be 3 in the temple, but was only capable of finding 2 and I got two more from the camp. What gives? I killed all the priest and men in the temple but no akbaa meteor showed up. Got one from the priest room and one when I killed the lich. When I went back for the third one, the bodies were gone except for one priest and a man. Can someone help me. Im ready for the final fight but can't open the door to began that fight.
Thanks a bunch.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:06 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Rocks

If you didn't download the last patch, you will never find it. It was a bug that had to be fixed.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:18 pm
UnderDawg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

CussBox....I too are in the same predicament as you. I was well past the temple and loaded the 1.16a patch. The first time thru I only got one of the stones (at the beginning) off the priest. Decided to leave the one in the chest until later. After loading the patch went back to the temple and had to fight 3 Valcids and 2 more priests but got nothing. Went to the chest and fought the lich and got the 2nd stone. I have gone completely thru the temple and only have 2 stones. I have search for over 2 hours and are extremely frustrated. Can any one help?

Anyone know if this patch was tested after finished the temple and had to go back?

Please!!!!! Please!!!!! Please!!!!
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:38 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Stones

UnderDawg, if you looked in rooms 35 and 36 Level 2 and no stones, you should email Arkane about it.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:53 pm
cussbox
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

akbaa meteor

cmckj50, I did download the latest patch. Did that when I had to start the game over and still no meteor. I truly like this game but it is almost impossible to play without the forum or even walkthrough. If I can't find the meteor, I just might give up and not finish. I am frustrated to no end. First time I play I had all the meteors, opened the door, hit Iserbius and all I got was my character saying "There must be another way". Thanks for your help. Good luck to you Underdawg. Let me know if you find it.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:26 pm
UnderDawg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yep!!! Have cleared out every room and every chest, still only 2 stones. I have even done this twice. Loaded a previous saved game. Made a mistake in my previous post - I did get the stone in 35 and 36, but never off a priest. I have taken your advice and e-mailed Arkane and attached my save game file. I will let every one know what they say
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:51 pm
UnderDawg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well Arkane has provided a fix, it is just work around. They have provided a file that added a stone to my inventory. This does not fix the bug and they did not provide an explanation yet.

Cussbox - I sent Julien my save game file, you may want to think about it. They need to here that more people other than me have had this problem.

Julien ROBY [jroby@arkane-studios.com]

-UnderDawg
Post Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:49 pm
UnderDawg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Here is the quote from Arkane:

"This is a bug due to the original non patched version of the game. The patch doesn't fix it if it has already happened. I hope you're enjoying arx".

-Julien
Post Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:07 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

stones

I have a question, did you have the two rings and could not find the stone?
I'm starting a new game and have the first two stones but not the rings yet. I went to temple to see what was up and found a priest and ylside and let them kill me off. I think I will get the third stone when I have the rings and come back to destroy the meteor.
Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:54 pm
UnderDawg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No I did not have the 2 rings at that time.

-UnderDawg
Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:32 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Rings

I haven't played that part yet, but I think you get the third rock when you get the rings and go back to temple the second time. Who ever gets there first can post the answer.
Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:01 pm
UnderDawg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have actually done this twice via 2 different save game points. If you cleared out this area before loading 1.16, you will never get that third stone. Please see the response from Arkane. In in a couple of posts above. The only way I got the 3rd stone was by e-mailing Arkane and they gave me a file to load. By the way I did have both rings and went back and still no 3rd stone. I make it a habit in RPG's to save many different points during a game. You never know when you are going to need them

-UnderDawg
Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:40 pm