Members
Usergroups
Inventing Your Own Quests within the Game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Tiercel

Inventing Your Own Quests within the Game

A week or two back, I decided to depart from all the main and faction quests and just strike out on my own.

I acquired a tome listing the locations of the Grand Masters of the various skills. (The book is called The Morrowind Prophecies, and it's available at all Al's Toy Barn locations in the Tri-County area.)

Then I found the locations of the masters of the two skills I wanted to get a lot better at: alchemy and enchantment. Since my pockets were overflowing with cash, I plunged into the unknown on a knowledge quest--a quest of my own design.

I can't tell you how cool that felt. But then again, I guess you already know, because you guys are doing stuff just like that.

Anyway, I found my first grand master and paid for all the training I could afford. Then I went away and got more money, doing various faction quests, and headed out to the other wise man for more esoteric knowledge.

When I'd trained to my satisfaction, I dropped back into the main quest.

So cool!

Has anyone else come up with a fun self-invented quest? Let us in on it.

Tiercel
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:15 pm

Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

I am thinking later on that (It could be a quest and I just don't know it) I will free all of the slaves of MW. I think I will slaughter all of the plantation owners and any servants that stand up for them. Beyond that I really have no ideas. Well I might go around and collect full suits of different armor, which wont take long, but will be fun.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:42 am
Tiercel

In keeping with my desire to roleplay as a holy crusader, I want to go after all the vampires in the game. I know there are vampire quests, but I think those are for when you are a vampire. I want to quest to wipe them out.

Any Detect Vampire scrolls out there? In the cities, how can you tell who's a vampire? Is it that anyone who has "vampire" as a discussion topic actually is one?

Tiercel
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:27 pm

Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

This might not be helpful, but I noticed that vampires generally have a crazed look on their faces and have little pointed teeth. At least that is what happens to some people.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 6:06 pm