Ebony Helms: Where?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ebony Helms: Where?

I was wondering if anyone out there wanted to give me a clue where to find an ebony helm w/o damaging factions. You don't have to tell me the exact location, make me work for a little bit
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:44 pm
theohall

One of the dungeons/caves south of Balmora (on same side of river as Fort Moonmoth) has an Ebony helm.

Found it when given a quest by the Fighters Guild to do something in someone's tomb. Don't remember anything about it other than that since that was 2 characters ago.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:18 am

daFrog
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Any of the Great House Vaults in Vivec.
As long as you dont get caught, nobody cares.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:40 am
Geo

Yeah, the Great House Vaults in Vivec are great places to loot. I think that the Telvanni Vault has more/better armor and weapons than other Great Houses. But the others have more gold stored in them. It's really hard to get past all those Ordinators who are guarding those vaults, but if you do it's worth it. I'm not sure but I think that only the Telvanni Vault has the Ebony helm in it out of the three Great Houses.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:52 am

Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

There is also a daedric ruin site north of gninsis which you can find on the map has a full set of ebony armor. It's a little tough to get it but if you like ebony, then it's worth the trip.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:03 am
Lord of the Guest

only 2 words:

"Ebony rulez"

For my character and concern, ebony have the best AR/encumbrance rate...
(daedric is really kewl, nice design and so on, but does not worth his weight)
And as long as Morrowind accept "Tank-Mage", life is beautifull (btw. I was a bit surprised that caster could wear heavy armor without the slightest penalty...)
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:17 am

Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

Nice idea for a MOD would be to stunt magic in some way while wearing heavy and medium armors.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:17 pm
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

I've found that a combination of Indoril and Ebony armor is the most effective set I've put together so far, even better than the daedric/ebony set I had. The daedric/ebony seemed to be far too heavy for my char who likes to use Tinur's Hoptoad any time there's a building in the way

Thanks for the tips guys... hadn't even thought about looting the treasuries. Those Ordinators hate me like no other so I won't be effected factionwise when I send those goosesteppin nazis to Oblivion
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:08 pm
Lord of the Guests
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Farseer
Nice idea for a MOD would be to stunt magic in some way while wearing heavy and medium armors.

Considering that from an rpg view, I don't think magic should be only stunted but also character should have far less chance to cast spell successfuly.

In fact the problems is metal ! no caster should be able to wear any kind of metallic armor without penalty (because it has always interfered with magic).
Magic should be considered as (in our days) electricity

-> no prob with Leather, DragonScale armor, Glass, and so on...
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:10 am
Lord of the Guests
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Nael
The daedric/ebony seemed to be far too heavy for my char who likes to use Tinur's Hoptoad any time there's a building in the way

btw. did anyone already met a guy (magician) who was trying his new scroll spell (ultra mega big Jumpin spell [1000 points for 7 sec])??? I've found him south of Balmore in Ascadian Isles region....

too fun... I first heard some scream, then looking a bit around, I 've found him and his journal... tooo lol !!!
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:16 am
Guest Dare

Those scrolls he has are awesome to play with as long as you have some deep water to fall in, or slow fall spell/item.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:23 am

Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

The Sarano Ancestral Tomb near Balmora has a unique ebony helm guarded by a single, oblivious Hunger. I still wear it because it looks sweet

-Matt
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:49 am
Snoog

Best heavy armor helm I've found is in some dwemer ruins NW of Dagon Fel. Part of some "kill a necromancer" quest for the Imperial Legion. Has a higher armor rating than daedric and gives a bonus to personality, I believe. Looks like a samurai type helm, snarling face and all. Not sure of the weight, though.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:58 am