Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What level do you need to enchant COnstant Effects?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

What level do you need to enchant COnstant Effects?

I'm at 75 and still can't enchant anything but expensive amulets and the odd Deadric weapon. I have yet to use any of my Golden Saint souls to create anything at all, never mind constant effects. I have not been able to enchant an exquisite anything. SO what level do you need to be at? I don't really NEED to enchant anything, having found or been given umpteen constant effect items. I just want to do it, and am getting a bit annoyed.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:42 am
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

I haven't tried enchanting things myself so I do not know for sure - but I HAVE had items enchanted by a Mage in the guild with no problem. As far as I can tell, you MUST have a Golden Saint in the highest level gem to make the enchantment active all the time. Further, only certain spells can be on all the time.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:49 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I've enchanted something with a golden saint soul with skill around 46. It wasn't constant effect but something like:
- fire damage 1-20
- cold damage 1-20
- shock damage 2-30
This was done on a daedric long sword.

I never managed to do constant effect items myself. Someone also posted elsewhere that with skill of 100 they had no luck making constant effect items.

A third person noted somewhere else again that increasing your intelligence seems to have a notable effect on your success chances. My conjecture is that luck may have an impact as well.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:50 pm
Dave
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Not sure which level your enchant skill needs to be at either. I do know that both intelligence and luck play a key role when enchanting items. Make or acquire these two spells; Fortify Luck & Fortify Intelligence. The more they fortify and for a longer time period, the better. Cast them both several times in quick succession, because the values will stack. For example, you could stack your intelligence attribute up to something like 500 or even higher. Then try to enchant something with the grand soulgem(goldensaint), with a constant effect.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:34 pm

Get your intelligence to about 1000 temporily.
I've heard that can get you 80pt items no prob. I have my int at about 130 constantly, I can do 30pt easy. Potions, scrolls (self made) all work nicely
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:16 pm

Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

So - I could have someone enchant an item for me that raises my intelligence a lot, use it a few times, and then start enchanting things myself.

That sounds good - I have many, many high level soul gems, many, many exquisite amulets, and tons of cash, so I can get to it.
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:46 am