Usergroups
strange frozen guy
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
the_one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hi. i'm new to the forum, as you see. i wanted to ask about a guy in the orc cementary. i mean the one in the first big room, he is a (i don't know how are they cold in english version) "sect security". he is just frozen. what can i do about it?

and one more thing. i was looking at the topics of your posts, and i came to one conclusion: programists from pirania are as* hol***!! the game is great, but the bugs are killin' it!! the game get's stuck, goes back to windows, and there are too many things like that to mention! i've got one BIG bug myself: music does not work! and everyone says it's greate (the music, not the bug)!! do you even know what does it feel to play with only *silence* ? a totaly one? not even the footsteps or the roar of attacking shadowbeast! god, such a great game made by such a lazy suckers...

Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 5:34 pm
Wruf
City Guard
City Guard

I say this so often ...

Have you tried patching and updating your drivers? As for your sound, I've heard tell of this problem before, you might be using the wrong sound system. Go into Sound properties and change it from Miles to DirectSoundHW. That should allow you to hear all the aural wonders that Gothic does indeed possess.
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 7:51 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

On 2002-04-07 12:34, the_one wrote:

and one more thing. i was looking at the topics of your posts, and i came to one conclusion: programists from pirania are as* hol***!! the game is great, but the bugs are killin' it!! the game get's stuck, goes back to windows, and there are too many things like that to mention! i've got one BIG bug myself: music does not work! and everyone says it's greate (the music, not the bug)!! do you even know what does it feel to play with only *silence* ? a totaly one? not even the footsteps or the roar of attacking shadowbeast! god, such a great game made by such a lazy suckers...

Congratulations. You obviously are a genius. Good you remind us that people should post in a forum called troubleshooting if everything runs fine.

The problem you have in the Orc Graveyard is indeed a bug. The guy is called Baal Lukor. The search button above will show you dozens of threads with the solution.
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 8:29 pm
the_one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

*dah*
i know that this forum is for making questions and complains, but i did not imagine that there are so many bugs! i'm just in the third episode.

there is a possibility that the soung problem is coused by my sound card: it's on the /don't know the word/ main .. card (?)disk(?). couse all other games work perfect.
Post Mon Apr 08, 2002 12:25 pm