Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
unarmored skill increasing even though I'm wearing armor???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
modi

unarmored skill increasing even though I'm wearing armor???

I keep seeing my unarmored skill being raised even though I am using medium armor? This seems strange to me. I also saw heavy armor skill go up 1 point. My medium armor skill hasn't raised a point yet, although the red bar that indicated how far I'm getting to the next point is moving (although slowly). Medium armor is a primary skill while heavy and unarmored are both misc. skills. Doesn't this sound like odd behavior? I was expecting my medium armor skill to raise quicker than the others since I'm wearing medium armor and its a primary skill.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 4:52 am

Here is what I think is going on...there are many different pieces to put on to complete a full armor outfit. Thus, if you arent wearing gauntlets or another piece of armor...when you fight you will increase in unarmored combat skill. As well, if you equip a piece of armor that is of type medium and as well some other piece of armor is heavy...then i imagine you will increase in both medium and heavy armor skills....and depending on how many pieces of each I would guess would depend how much experience is applied to each of those skills.

This would be my guess to explain this....course I could be wrong again.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:03 am

if you get hit on a piece of heavy armor it your heavy armor skill rises. If you get hit in a spot with no armor unarmored rises and if you get hit in a spot with medium armor medium armor rises. You must have some unarmored spots and some heavy armor on in order for this to be happening otherwise its a bug.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:08 am

Munchkin

Check your feet

Most of the early enemies are short. If you don't have on boots with an armor rating (light/med/heavy) all those hits to the feet will affect unarmored.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:48 pm