Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What I really like about this game plus a question...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

What I really like about this game plus a question...

Also the reason that it takes me so long to get anything done.

I took on the task from Eydis Fire-Eye of getting the code book from Sottilde at the South Wall Corner Club. After badgering her for some time I finally got her to cough up the information about the Camora Tong. Since I couldn’t get her to give me the book, I went out and started asking people about the Tong. Just as I was about to give up, since no one would talk to me about it I ran into some one who told me that the Magistrate was a crook and took bribes. He also told me that Larrious Varro was fightning crime at the fort.

I went to talk to him in hopes that he would lead me to a way to get the code book.
Instead he told me that he wanted the bad people killed on the sly.

I agreed to find and kill the bad guys and soon found out who they were.
The problem was that killing them made me criminal and no one would have anything to do with me and when I returned to the fort I to tell him I was imprisoned and took a hit on me stats, at least I can go back and loot their bodies I figure.
No luck when I returned to the site of the crime the bodies were gone.

Not fair I think, so I reload and try a new approach, trying to sell the stuff before I am arrested; still no luck, no one will deal with me.

To make a long story short after much experimentation I did find a way to kill them, loot the bodies, receive my reward from the emperor and not go to jail or pay a fine.
And my reputation even went up a full point. There’s a hint at the end for those who want to read it!

Now I have a question. How in the hell do I get the code book, I can’t talk her out of it and killing her isn’t an option? I tried that and was attacked from all sides. Death came quickly. I’ve talked to everyone at both South Wall and the Fighters Guild and a lot of other people and no one gives me any new information. I’ve been back to talk to her a zillion times. What do I do next?

Mike

Spoiler Below.

To get the loot and not go to jail you must get back to Varro without getting arrested even though the fort is full of guards.
I’m not telling how I did it but there a couple of ways depending on your skills.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 4:33 am
The Trooper

There are actually a few ways to get the book from her; I have done them both, while trying to find the best solution. The first option is, well, kill her. I had it pretty easy since my character was lvl 30+ so killing her was no problem, just get out of there before the other thieves have enough time to really wail on you. The second way, and safest, is bump her disposition up to the point that she will just give it to you; however, you must be in the thieves guild for this option. Since I had no intention on joining the Thieves Guild, I killed her; the next problem was getting arrested, I hid the book in the basket across from Cassius's house and turned myself in; That way the book was not taken from me.

The third option (If you have a damn good Security Skill) is steal it. If you speak with Percius Mercius, who has not yet been corrupted by the Comonna Tong, he will suggest this.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 5:10 am

Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thanks I'll keep at it, I don't belong to the thief's guild and my character is only level 9 so I may have to wait a bit if I am going to kill her.

I suppose that if I join the thief's guild they will start running me around.

I already am doing the quests for both the mage and fighter's guilds.
I don’t really want to start a new path, I’m confused enough already.

Mike
Post Wed May 29, 2002 11:36 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

If you use persuasion and taunt someone into attacking you then you have commited no crime. You walk out free with all the loot and it's a lot easier than sneaking past guards.
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Wed May 29, 2002 1:51 pm
Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thanks I'll try that.

Mike
Post Wed May 29, 2002 2:15 pm
Tiercel

It's not true that you have to be in the Thieves' Guild to get her to give you the code book. I'm in the Fighters' Guild and it worked for me. I kept admiring her (speechcraft is one of my minor skills) until she finally just handed it over.

Jeff
Post Wed May 29, 2002 8:00 pm

Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I've been working on my speechcraft so I'll give it a try.

Mike
Post Wed May 29, 2002 8:20 pm
The Trooper

Heh, I just hit lvl 45, and my speech craft is still 15. I tend to solve disagreements with my sword
Post Wed May 29, 2002 11:51 pm