Gothic 3: Interview @ TVG
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Gothic 3: Interview @ TVG

Stefan Berger from JoWood and Kai Rosenkranz from Piranha Bytes have been <a href="http://www.totalvideogames.com/articles/Gothic_III_Q&A_Feature_8738_5204_0_0_0_0_20.htm" target="_blank">interviewed</a> at TotalVideoGames about 'Gothic 3'. Here's a snippet:<blockquote><em><b>What makes the Gothic world unique and compelling and can you give the backdrop story to the game and how pivotal throughout the game the story is?</b> <br> <br>Stefan Story: Gothic 1 and 2 played on the island around the city Khorinis. Mankind is at war with the Orcs. On the island around Khorinis there are a lot of ore mines which are needed for the war against the Orcs. Without them victory is impossible. At the end of the 2nd part you see the hero going on the ship back to the mainland. In the intro of Gothic 3 you will see the ship shortly before the arrival on the mainland. You see burning cities and humans which are running away from the Orcs. Then you know: The Orc army has won the war against humankind. Humans are now slaves of the Orcs…</em></blockquote>
Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:18 pm
fhf

hfh

Plz can anyone post this in the bontonland thread:

quote:
Ok...i translated it(a little) and it says about an online shipping with Bontonland.cz. You can call that number or go to the shop at those hours or you can send an e-mail for assistance.
Hope it's not too late.

Thx!
Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:20 pm

Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Dhruin,

Re quote by Kai:- In contrast to the German market, the Gothic series could admittedly not grow beyond the ‘sleeper hit’ status in the UK/US.
How is the 'sleeper hit' status defined, is it from feedback/data from a previous time or from a projected ideal.
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:10 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Sleeper hit means it sold slowly like every other flop but kept this pace for a long time, which accumulates to somewhat okay numbers.
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:08 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I wish more people knew about it and played it once people actually play it im sure most rpgers will love it.

When i first played the demo after 5 mins i deleted it lol but then i started it again and played again gave it a chance ended up playing it 3 days straight until i beat it.

This is one of those games you never heard of then when you try it you love it happend to me with first gothic.
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:23 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

When people are asking which rpg-game they should try out, I allways advise trying gothics. So just keep spreading the word guys
Post Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:01 am