Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Finished the game. (There are spoilers, you were warned).
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Ragamuffin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, that was a real hoot. I'd like to list the things that I wish had happened...

Unfinished business with...

The Old Camp:
When I got the teleportation rune to the Magicians of the Circle of Fire, I went and wiped out the entire Old Camp save for the women and a few running Diggers and Shadows (they didn't attack me, so I didn't kill them). I thought that eventually I would get to hook up with that woman in Gomez's room (the one that bathes). But, no. "Sh! You're not allowed to talk to us." is all they ever said. What a bum deal. I killed Gomez and his lackeys, and nothing changed...the Old Camp was a ghost town, an eerie and empty ghost town...it felt weird. I didn't like that. And "The Meeting" quest with Diego, Milten, Gorn & Lester didn't make any sense. Lester was the last one I talked to, and he started babbling nonsense, the same nonsense he said when I got the focus stone from the Mountain Fortress. What the hell was that all about?

The New Camp:
After clearing out the Free Mine, I thought we'd get to wage war on the Old Camp and take out Gomez. Instead, I had to do that on my own, and I really didn't have to in order to finish the game. The Magicians of the Circle of Water didn't like what Milten and I had done with the ore mound, but I never got to go back after collapsing the barrier. Again, Gomez was the Old Camp were pieces of garbage and I enjoyed killing them all, but nobody ever cared except Stone.

Scatty:
I never got to place a bet with Scatty. "But there's no fight on." Was there ever supposed to be? Oh, well.

Bloodwyn:
Even when you become a GUARD! This moron demands protection money. He sicked a few dipshits on me to "motivate" me, but of course I beat the living shit out of them. Later on I did get to kill him at the South Gate of the Old Camp, but I think it's dumb for a guard to demand protection money from another guard.

Lefty & The Rice Lord:
I was not too clear on this bit of business. I didn't know if I was supposed to kill them, or just beat them senseless? I killed Lefty and the game made an entry in my journal, but the peasants didn't seem to appreciate it in the slightest. I beat the shit out of The Rice Lord, all the Thugs, and Lefty, but nothing changed there. I got +5 strength from Horatio either way, but that was that.

Joining Other Camps:
For example, if you're a Mercenary and talk to Cor Angar in the Sect Camp, you can still ask him how to become a Templar. Around the time when everybody knew The Sleeper was an arch-demon, it was stupid for them to say, "May the Sleeper enlighten you," or, "May the Sleeper awaken." I'd expect Cor Kalom to say those things, but not the ones who knew the Sleeper was a giant minecrawler-looking demon. Broke my suspension of disbelief.

The End:
I sent the Sleeper back to...well, wherever the hell he came from...and the gay-sounding player character talks while the screen goes blank...and then he says the barrier had collapsed, but then...credits...um, what...no...come on, let me SEE that...shit. Dirty bastards!
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:37 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Well, nice list... =o)

Wonder if I should add it into my FAQ...

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:43 am
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

That meeting place...

Its that little nook just beyond the orc-town old mine checkpoint...

yeah only milten was there. It was pointless.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:17 am
dysfunktional
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I agree, and i think if THIS game had a multiplayer engine, it would own all other rpg's, another idea is when you finished the game, let that nme's respawn, not every chapter new ones, so you can chop headz when the game has ended.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 3:40 pm