How fast can you run?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

How fast can you run?

Anyone notice that your character runs extremely slow? You don't really notice until you get your first try at the speed potion.

But how fast is the speed potion? In chapter 4 when all the shadows and thugs were sprinting away from me, I had problems catching up with them even with the speed potion!!! It's not fair our character can't run that fast at all (without potion), cos' it'd have help us run away from many monsters at the start.

Or do you think the speed is just right?
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:23 pm
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Acrobatics can help you get away from people and monsters faster.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:55 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Nope, those razors are pretty fast.

Snappers are quick too, though not as fast as Razors. But one peck is all it takes to kill you at the very start of the game.
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 8:28 pm
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Believe me, if you use acrobatics properly, you can get away from them.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

I din't lear acrobatics and I never use a sprint posion, but I never had a troubel with catching up, just run (normaly) and then jump and land a jump and land this goes real fast

Gothic II Credits
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:07 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you use acrobatics and the "run+jump" strategy you should be able to outrun any Snapper or Razor. You can travel at an incredible speed by doing that.
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:23 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Oh dear! I must be a crap player then
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:03 pm
DyeTracks
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

all you gotta do is just start jumping away casue he rolls and gets a good lead on anything =P

It brings another promise to mother earth a bounty of mercy. The moon has just started to seek its own light......
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:12 pm
Dark Guard ][
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Getting speed

Try using ACROBATICS on a downhill slope or any surface that tilts down (as in jump down any tilted surface), you will lunge into a roll, and therefore go faster, by this I mean this as in you jump a long distance and then get up and start running.
Also look at your body position and you will see that you are jogging not running whithout the potion.
Lastly use the mouse to turn left and right in tiny increments to dodge Razors and other fast monsters.

Alexis Massey-Ryan

Last edited by Dark Guard ][ on Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:44 am
EDV

As far as I know acrobatics doesn't make you run faster, with it you are only able to fall deeper without getting hurt and jump further.
Post Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:47 pm

Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

No. It doesn't make you RUN faster, but your overall speed will be increased, expecially if going downhill, because you're falling as much as you're running... and falling IS faster than running.

But I seriously doubt it's anywhere as fast as the scared shadows or thugs running away from me. Those guys are FAST!

As I said, even with the speed potion I was running only slightly faster than them!
Post Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:50 pm
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Beware of using acrobatics when you get to the Sect Camp by going downhill. You can really hurt yourself if you are not careful there.

Post Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:51 pm
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

Acrobatics doesn't make you run faster, just jump further.
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:42 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Acrobatics helps a little with speed. But when you're running back and forth for the umpteenth time, you really want a speed potion! And if you're travelling between camps, teleportation really bites to the crunch!
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:28 pm
goshuto
Wanderer
Wanderer

There's no need for acrobatics to outrun shadows and thugs. Just run a couple of steps, then jump, run a couple of steps, jump, etc. You can overtake any NPC in this manner. When going downhill, jump a little less. I'm not sure if you can overtake razors in this manner, though.
Post Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:48 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next