gothic 2 Addon a bit disappointed...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
GothicDrak
Village Leader
Village Leader

gothic 2 Addon a bit disappointed...

since i live in germany i've already played the g2 addon "night of the raven".
however im a bit dissapointed.
ask yourself what you expect of an addon in general.
as for me, if i buy an addon i want more of the "same". Which means new weapons, locations, quests etc. but with the same addictive gameplay.
unfortunately, with NOTR gothic2 is no longer gothic2, and i mean gameplay wise.
dont get me wrong, it has wonderful new locations, musics etc. but with the new "balancing", or whatever they call it, it just isnt the same anymore.
to make a long story short the addon is frustrating, frustrating, frustrating...
most of the new "implementations" are rather annoying than motivating.
for example, it's simply no fun to spend hours on levelling up, and then as a reward paying 10 LP for 1 strength point.
another annoying things:

- dragons can regenerate
- seekers use fire rain
- you can use high level spells such as fire rain or dragonsnapper transformation at low level with only 10 Mana (lame)

and so on.
as you may see, compared to G2 classic NOTR is completely out of balance. That's the sad truth.

and now please dont flame me for that, i just think NOTR is not as good as it could be.

peace!

btw sorry for my english
Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:25 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm just dissapointed that the English version probably isn't ever going to come out and that my only expireince of it is in your description.
Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:29 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

GothicDrak, you do know that the add-on is not even announced yet ?!
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:05 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

imo the addon brought the full satisafction again to Gothic 2 plain Gothic 2 was somehow like something is missing in it but with addon oooo yeaaah it was like i played Gothic 1 firstly so imo it was very good
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:09 pm
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

The Seekers were extremely weak. I was a mage and they couldn't hurt me! I killed them with my hand I hope that they're real ex-Sleeper-fans now
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:41 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

quote:
Originally posted by Graham 2
I'm just dissapointed that the English version probably isn't ever going to come out and that my only expireince of it is in your description.

Please don't talk like that, it probably will be released in English. You're just being a pessimist!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:37 pm
alexpetersmith
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

maybe yur just stuck and your annoyed because you cant get anywhere i found g2 extremely easy (also the best game i've ever played) but still easy so NOTR sounded great to me the only thing that seems a bit strange is the transforming into powerful monsters at low levels which might just alllow you to get easy kills (correct me if i'm wrong)
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:24 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

i'm with alexpetersmith anything that make gothic harder is a good thing
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:37 pm
GothicDrak
Village Leader
Village Leader

but it's unbalanced as hell...
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:49 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

You can hex edit all the values in the game. I did and know where they are at to change alot of stuff to make say the Seekers much tougher and cast different spells. I wrote about it in the Mod Discusion thread. If there is anything weak in the game, and we all think it should be tweaked - it can be done easily/ Seekers were definitely right up there to beef up. I gave them more armor, stronger fireball spell and more life points, of course I can change so you get more EXP for killing them. Just about anything. i alos worked on rebalancing spells and strenght and mana to cast to make them more balanced. Surprised you can do that much to a game? It is not hard, just tedious finding all the locations, but I did.....and still waiting for the word on English Add-on /or Gold Edition before I do anymore work. Been 6 months since I have done anything waiting for the add-on to come out.
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:45 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehe and NOTR is deffenetly not unbalanced its more tougher and thats a good thing cos u need to think this time with who u gonna fight
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:46 pm
ken007
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

IT TAKES 10 LP FOR 1 STRENGTH POINT...... WHAT THE HELL! That's just crazy!

But the thing with the seekers being stronger is okay, my only concern is that there are so many of them in the game and it could get tidious if you nearly die every time you come across a seeker.... and I agree, they are so weak in the original g2!
Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:32 am
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

i also hav the german gothic2 and addon, and i think its a lot better than the gothic2 without notr (i luv hanging with my pirate buddys), and it doesnt cost 10lp for 1 str, the max is 5lp for 1 str and thats when u hav more than 120 strength, though the game is a hell lot more difficult and u need 2 train lik mad (i had 2 kill the orc army, so that id get strong enough 2 kill the dragons) and seekers also give more xp in notr(lik everything else thats tougher)

im not flaming, im just correcting, so that some ppl wont get too scared of the addon
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:21 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

So, any team out there, who would want to translate german text to english? That way, we poor saps who speak english, could buy german add-on, and use subtitles in english only, without the voice. Would still be pretty playable.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:12 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

also in gothic 2 addon some hunting skills and some other skills dont cost anymore 5+ but 1 or 2-3 LP so its nicely balanced also
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:39 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next