Who is den?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
gatorsrule8
Village Leader
Village Leader

Who is den?

Who is den, i found him dead on a hill in the VoM is chapter 4. Where can i get the key to the house near the smithy. Also is there anything else i should be sure to do or visit before leaving VoM for chapter 5? THANKS
Post Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:28 pm
Phonos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Kill the Snapper boss and take his claw to Lothar!!! I made a post with that question so if u don't know where he is check it. If u havent alredy done the quest of course .
Post Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:40 pm
gatorsrule8
Village Leader
Village Leader

Who is den? I found him dead on a hill. Ur-shak is evil??? thats crazy. Should i kill him? Also where can i find lothar? Is he at that mining camp near the snapper leader?? B/c when i went to that camp orcs were attacking and almost everyone was dead. I already got a mission to kill all of the snappers but not the snapper leader. Who do i tlak to to get this quest?
Post Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:19 pm
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Ok i tell you who den is den is a dead guy on a hill
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:03 am
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

No serious does he has militia clothes on? Otherwise i dont know anymore..
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:07 am
gatorsrule8
Village Leader
Village Leader

I think he was wearing militia armor but i am not certain. What about the snapper king thing? Is that the same quest as kill all the snappers around that mine? Where can i find lothar?
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:31 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Den is the buddy of Brutus (you find Brutus in the castle, near the jail). Just like the paladin by the tree as you enter the valley, the knights near Diego's hideout, etc. Den starts the game dead.

The snapper king is near the watchtower at the top of the hill above the mine where you get the mission to kill the snappers. You get the mission to kill the snapper king from the armsman Bilgot. He'll tell you about the snapper king if you will help him out (literally

Lothar, the one who wants the claws from the snapper king, is back in Khorinis City in the upper section of town (side area through the "tunnel").

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:57 am
Lostnumber
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

In concordance with the first post here, how does one find the key to the door next to the smithy in the castle at the VOM? You know the room where the smith Stone and the armorer Skip worked during the first installment of Gothic. I cheated my way back there, and there really isn't much in the way of loot; but I really wouldn't mind finding the key just for hoots and hollers. Aside from that, did anyone here know about the *secret* cave near the river just outside of the castle at the VOM? There really isn't much in there except a few healing plants, but I will be damned if I just didn't find it until a week ago. I have played through Gothic 2 about 6 or so times, and Gothic 1 far more than that, I just chanced upon it now. The cave itself is present in the first Gothic but there is nothing in there, I just had to go back to see. I don't know what it is but, there is something about this series that appeals to me so much; it never gets old. So even though half of the population here has probably already noticed it, I just had to share my discovery with the fine folks here; so keep playing Gothic (2) guys, here's looking to the expansion pack.
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:03 am
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

here is the snapper boss:
http://forum.jowood.de/attachment.php?s=&postid=261033
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:47 pm
Edda
Village Leader
Village Leader

@Lostnumber.

What you said about Gothic „not getting old“ is exactly how I feel about the game. That cave is the only one, that I missed in Gothic 1 and Gothic 2, I found it playing the Addon, and I went back to old safes of Gothic 1 to be sure, that the cave was already there.

Did you discover already the other way into the VoM? I found it accidentally on one of my many tours over the mountains. (no cheat).
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:39 pm
gatorsrule8
Village Leader
Village Leader

What about ur-shak? Should i kill him.. he seemed so nice in the first gothic.
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:09 pm
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Dont know does he attacks you now ? if so kill him i dont know anymore if i killed him
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:15 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

If you've completed the Ur-shak quest, then you no longer need him, so do what you want. He won't attack you otherwise. I think the enemy thing refers to the next Gothic.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:10 pm