cheese, chickens and pigs
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
minette
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

cheese, chickens and pigs

Was mucking around last night and found that if i dropped a piece of cheese the mice ran up and ate it, fun to watch. Also at the outpost what is with the chicken and the pig, click on the chicken and at top left it says tof, ditto with the pig says spawny. anyone have any idea.
Post Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:27 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

I saw those, too. I'm only about 6 hours in the game, so I didn't solve this puzzle (if it is), but reference is obvious - Baldur's Gate and the talking chicken near the High Hedge, or mage's apprentice, to be precise I wonder will I have to take this chicken somewhere to be transformed back to normal form... of what?

R.A.Salvatore The Cleric Quintet. Canticle
Post Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:41 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I'll give you a hint because the game doesn't. There will be one chicken that talks to you but the rest make great meals. Pigs are just good for BBQ. I think they were going to do something with one of them and then didn't. I won't tell where the special one is, but don't kill him.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:47 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
I'll give you a hint because the game doesn't. There will be one chicken that talks to you but the rest make great meals. Pigs are just good for BBQ. I think they were going to do something with one of them and then didn't. I won't tell where the special one is, but don't kill him.

At least we now know that it's "He" . But what about the cheese? Also the mushrooms, can I use them somehow?
Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:34 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Eat them up. All the food in Arx will restore you health after and during a battle. It doesn't work as well as potions but it works so you can save your potions for the big battles when you need to hot key a health potion to stay alive. I always keep a supply of food just for that reason. Watch and you will see what has greater effect to heal you.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:46 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

I know thast it's food, but does it have any other use? Also Carrot, what should I do with it?
Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:04 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Spoiler

At some point you will need one carrot, one leeke, and a few other things for a special quest. Some of the food can also enchant you weapons and armor. If you really want to know them all, I would download the PDF file in the support section. It tells you what all the items can be used for. It is a complete walkthrough and lists everything including the maps. I don't want to spoil your fun. Just try different things with the stuff you find. Also don't forget that as your object knowledge and casting and stuff go up, so does your ability to use the stuff you find. So try and use it again after making new levels. One hint if you want to test it out yourself, pich items in inventory and see what "flashes" when you hit the F key on that item. (Try garlic first.) If it flashes then it may be an item that you can enchant with that item. If so see if you get "ready to be enchanted" when you hover over the item now. Then cast or use enchant scroll. Hope this made sense.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:06 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Thanx! But where can I get the scroll\spell? Also when do I learn new spells? I have some runes, and I've tried all the possible combinations, and still, nothing happens.
Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:53 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

It sounds like you haven't put the runes into your spell book. If they are in your inventory, you have to F key them and they get memorized into the spell book. Then all you need is try to cast spells that now appear in the spell book based on your level. If you are a level three than none of the spells listed over that will work. You will find enchant scrolls and get the runes to do it yourself as you go on. It is a high level spell so you couldn't do it now anyway. It will come soon. Do you have the little manual that came with the game? It is important to read it as the in game instructions are not all that clear.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:33 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

No, I put them in the spellbook. Now as I have around 8, some spells appeared, but I have 16 in Magic(Or whatever it's called) skill, can I have all the spells? If no, how much Magic do I need?
Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:42 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

As you get the runes, the number of spells that appear in the book will go up. But to use them you have to be at the level of the page you see it on at least. With the runes you can cast any spell you have leveled up to. You will be able to do them all even if not at that level, but the effect won't be great. It is all connected. If you increase casting, your mana, which makes the spell work, goes up. More mana, more effect, and also better potions can be made as well. If you really want to play a mage, up it along with object knowledge so you can be powerful. If warrior, then get strength up more of course. I don't know what number casting needs to be, but I would get it up a little each time. Some of those level 7 and 8 spells are great for later in game. Casting also effects how powerful the effect of some of the enchanted items is. Just play around, save before each level selection, and if you don't like it you can change later.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:56 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Thanx! But I'm a warrior\thief kind, so I have a lot of strength\dexterity, and almost no magic. But also I think everyone needs object knowledge. It's the jewel of the game!
Post Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:01 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

That's how I play, warrior theif, but in this game you will want to have some casting, so you can use the majic weapons that you will find or make. So put a few points into it once you get strength up to at least 14. As you said, object knowledge is the most important besides strength. It raises almost all the other skills.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:09 am