Usergroups
My First Honorable Execution Through The Morag Tong
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

My First Honorable Execution Through The Morag Tong

I am happy to say that I have made my first honorable execution through the Morag Tong and have earned acceptance into their ranks. This is how the story went.

After I was given my task from my soon to be leader I headed to Vivec, Hlaalu. I entered the Elven Nations Corner Club on the plaza section of the city. My target eyed me suspiciously and he had a nervous look on his face like he knew that death was coming for him. I tried to engage him in conversation in order to taunt him into a fight but he refused to listen and I was then forced to take position for the kill. He looked capable of handling himself so I opted to take him out with my Steel Crossbow instead of my Iron Wazikashi. I moved over by the stairs so a table was between my target and me so he would not see me arm my instrument of death and so there would be a barrier between us so he could not rush me. I pulled out the crossbow notched a steel bolt took aim and let the bolt fly. To my glee the bolt hit it’s target right in the upper back. Realizing that he had been targeted for an assassination he called upon his mystical powers. Whatever spell he intended to use on me I did not know and I had no intention of finding out. I quickly ran up the stairs and waited at the top with crossbow ready. He came running around the corner and I hit him with another bolt but he was not dead yet. I ran to the back of the upper bar area and waited. He came up and I let another bolt fly. Unfortunately this one missed as he strafed out of the way. Now my mind started racing as I desperately tried to reload another bolt into the crossbow. Then summoning upon his mystical energies he cast his spell. A bolt of glowing red death came at me. Unfortunately the lady wood-elf I was intending to sweet talk into spending the night with me walked into the spells path and was dead before she hit the floor. Now with rage coursing through my veins I let another bolt fly and watched with pure ecstasy as it pierced through his shirt and entered the center of his chest. He was still alive and fighting even though he had been mortally wounded and was starting to look quite silly with my bolts sticking out of his body. I had to honor him for his noble effort but he would not survive this fight. He sent another spell flying at me and I quickly moved to the side. At that moment I sent another bolt flying. The steel shaft pierced his throat and I smiled with pure ecstasy and excitement as he fell to the floor and breathed his last breath through his pierced airway. I then proceeded to remove my arrows from his body and stripped him of anything valuable that I would be able to sell to restock my supply of steel bolts. I then proceeded to leave. When I entered the outside hall I spotted by a guard. He quickly started to move in my direction and I ran for the nearest exit. I made it outside only to be seen by yet another guard. I knew I would not be able to outrun the guard carrying everything that I picked up off the body of my executed target so thinking quickly I jumped onto the nearby ledge. The guard looked at me like I was insane as I jumped off the ledge and landed without harm onto the ledge below me. I then proceeded to a nearby boat and sat in the boat shaking slightly from the day’s excitement and from the adrenaline that was coursing through my body. When I reached the arena area of Vivec I had calmed down somewhat and headed to the waist works. When I entered the waist works a guard was standing right in front of me and I froze with terror. He started to walk by but he then noticed me from the description he had heard from the other guards and began questioning me. It then came to me to show him my writ of honorable execution. He looked over them and I stood there with a feeling of fear in the pit of my stomach until he looked up and said that my papers where in line but I had the feeling that he really wanted to send me to the holding cells in the city. I then proceeded to the headquarters of the Morag Tong and reported to Headmaster Hlaalu about my mission. After I reported my success he then granted me acceptance into the Morag Tong and presented me with two writs of execution to choose from. I picked one but that tale is for another time.
Hope you liked my story =)
Lestat

Last edited by lestat14 on Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:20 pm
Dov
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Ah, welcome, young hunter. The Morag Tong's quests were the most enjoyable of any that I played in this game. No petty house games, no politics, just pure, honorable killings. Your writs will take you far across the island, but stay strong, and you will be rewarded justly.
Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:44 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah

Good job!

I haven't joined the Morag Tong yet, but I intend to soon. Sounds like a good set of quests.
Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:01 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

Re: Yeah

quote:
Originally posted by cfmdobbie
Good job!

I haven't joined the Morag Tong yet, but I intend to soon. Sounds like a good set of quests.

Just thought i should wanr you..your first writ of execution takes place in vivec, hlaalu as i said in my story and he uses a spell that will drain fifty of your health....just thought i would warn you...
Another advantage to the morag tong is the money you get..so far i have been getting 500 gold per kill....i like that better because unlike the imperial legion where you get armor you can use the money to buy equipment the suits you skill instead of being forced to use the equipment you are given like you need the imperial chain tunic in order to talk to other guards....
Lestat
Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:39 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

something i forgot to ask

i would like to know what you thought of my story..if i get some good feedback about my writing skills maybe i will post my quests in story format more often...
Lestat
Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:40 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Comments

Sure. I'm no creative writer, but can make what comments I can. For some better feedback, maybe there are some creative writing forums where people will review work? I've never looked for one, but I expect they exist.

Yeah, good stuff. It probably suffers a little from the subject matter in that there's little atmosphere about it - the Vivec canton buildings are just so sterile there's not a lot you can do about that. Beige walls, constant lighting, nobody doing anything, everyday items lying around. There's not much you can say about evenly-lit wooden spoons.

Maybe you could add how your character was expecting things to turn out. Was he confident? Nervous? He seems confident to me, but that doesn't really tie in with it being the first writ. Maybe he had killed before? Maybe he was after the money and couldn't afford for things to go wrong? Maybe the Daedra were on his side?

The story concerns a very short period of time, again due to it being in Vivec. You can't really say anything interesting about "down the corridor, second door on the left" or whatever, so the story can only really describe the fight itself and the encounter with the guard. That's a shame, but different subject matter should allow you a lot more scope here. It's good to have a run up to the event, the event itself, then the repercussions of it.

The most important point I think is layout. A lot of text all in one block is quite difficult to read, and many people will be put off by the effort it seems to need. If you divided it up into a few smaller paragraphs then people will be more likely to start reading it, and when they start they'll usually finish!

Aside from drawing people in, you should also use the layout to introduce breaks or suspense. A paragraph change would be quite effective after the phrase "A bolt of glowing red death came at me," for example.

Incidentally, that phrase in particular is a bit mechanical: "A bolt of glowing red death came at me". It describes what actually happened, but rewording it as something like "Red light flared from the mark's fingers and a bolt of magicka raced through the room, tearing straight towards me" makes it a lot more interesting. Try using more descriptive words and varying the language used.

Overall, good job but I think it suffers a bit from the subject. Try describing another situation that will allow you to add more atmosphere and more of a succession of events. Good luck, and I look forward to your next work!

Charlie.
Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:57 am
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

thanx for the feedback..i will have to remember those things......now to get to work on my next assassination.........
Lestat
Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:42 pm
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

that story was totally hilarious
if you need some good items with one of the morag tong quest check below(totally legal without mods)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
When the morag tong master tells u to kill the 2 brothers in the "Dren Plantation" just kill the entire town.. without getting a bounty, and ull have some of the best fighter equipment (yes.. including daedric katana/2 handed sword/ whatever - glass - ebony - and more) and ofcourse free those poor slaves!
Post Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:55 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

i will have to remember that...thanx for the tip....what parts did you find funny about my story?
Lestat
Post Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:53 pm
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

well especially the part where u run up the stairs and shoot bolts
Post Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:03 am
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

well i am glad you liked my story...i will post my next quest as soon as possible...
Lestat
Post Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:45 pm