Gothic 3: E3 Trailer (Not Pre-E3) @ WoG
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Gothic 3: E3 Trailer (Not Pre-E3) @ WoG

German fansite World of Gothic has exclusively scored the official <a href="http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index.php?go=downloads&file_id=161" target="_blanK">E3 trailer</a> (~18MB) of 'Gothic III' as a gift from JoWood to celebrate the 5-year anniversary of 'World of Gothic' (congrats, folks ).
Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:52 am
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I always wonder why i have to turn off my firewall to download something from WoG. I really don't know any other site where i'm forced to do that. Is the video so much different from the Pre-E3 Trailer ?

But in this case i don't think it's because of the firewall but it says that the download is available but it's not visible atm or something like that.

Congrats for the 5th anyway
Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:28 am
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

It seems that the link is working now

By the way here is the english link of WoG

http://worldofgothic.com/?go=dlfile&fileid=44

My first impression of the trailer is very positive as it's very athmospheric and the music from Kairo is very well done so it's a very very expedient download. Don't miss it, folks !
Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:00 pm
my2ndlife

so irritating that site, i cannot even download that movie becuase of some lame "protection/ firewall "error. HATE it !. argh
Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:31 pm

Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

That's strange. I could download the file just fine with Windows firewall (SP2) and my router's (an AVM 7050 box) hardware firewall enabled.
You could try the following though. The file is downloaded from ftp[x].worldofgothic.de. If your router/firewall allows setting IPs for exception then open your command line editor and "ping ftp.worldofgothic.de", "ping ftp1.worldofgothic.de", "ping ftp2.worldofgothic.de" and "ping ftp3.worldofgothic.de" (anything above ftp3.worldofgothic.de, i.e. ftp4.[...].de and ftp5.[...].de etc. seems to return the same IP as for "ping www.worldofgothic.de so settings for just ftp.[...].de and up to ftp3.[...].de should do).
Write down or copy/paste the IP addresses that are returned on each ping attempt. Then put those IPs on the exception list of your router/firewall.
The easiest and most obvious solution would be to open the port for FTP transfers (21) but you've probably done that, right?
Post Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:07 am
creAtive

The video looks nice but i think the orcs face sucks, they are so freakin stupid..

Hope G3 doesnt get to far from G1&2. I dont have a clue of how the new Gothic looks like cause i cant download the in-game video, i dont know why. Can anyone help me plz?
Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:03 pm