Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Help! I'm a newbie!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

How do you kill meatbugs? I've killed one, but only because it was above me. I can't even hit the ones on the ground. Is there some way to crouch? It pisses me off that my guy just swings like a pansy while the meatbugs scuttle around on the ground, unharmed.
Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 6:18 pm

wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

They have to be located at a VERY slight elevation from your character. Try to catch one on a small bump in the ground or the side of a hill.

Alternately, just swing and swing and swing while cussing like a sailor and you will eventually be at the right angle to hit the meatbug.
Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 6:20 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

or grab Cavalorns bow behind his hut, you can use it with 10 Dex and 1 shot will tag the bugs, np
Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 6:38 pm
wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

quote:

On 2002-01-31 12:38, Shrapnel wrote:
or grab Cavalorns bow behind his hut, you can use it with 10 Dex and 1 shot will tag the bugs, np

Hehe. The thought of a fully-grown man going around shooting arrows at insects that he could probably just step on.
Picture that actually happening in real life. Quite humorous.
Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 6:50 pm
gatorsrule8
Village Leader
Village Leader

It is really easy to kill meatbugs with a Pick ax. that is the only reason that i keep the pick ax
Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:10 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

weapons? I found the opposite to be true.. hit the ~ key, to equip your fists...then just go up and attack the little buggers.. I can hit them nearly all the time..definitely within 2-3 swings..

Post Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:07 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Fireball and Pyrokinesis look fun, but the little bastards have fire resistance 20. But ice bolt works almost without fail. Or a charged fireball.

I think a mage going around fireballing insects is more humorous a picture than a bow wielding hunter taking aim at a little bug two feet away. But only just.

And chasing one around banging a zwiehander off the ground while it squeaks furiously and scampers away is the most humorous picture of all.
Post Fri Feb 01, 2002 2:58 pm