OK What am I doing wrong?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
ZAM
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OK What am I doing wrong?

I cannot seem to level my mage. I have completed 6 mage guild quests and have received advancement in the guild itself. I have killed I dont know how many freakin bats, rats, and slugs. All using my destructive spells. I have increased in destructive magic but why am I not leveling my character. I cant do the next quest because I have to kill some dude and I cant kill him because my hit points are still sitting at level 1.

So I ask you, the lovers of this game, how do you level a freakin mage?
Post Sat May 11, 2002 7:17 pm
Kaos503
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

When you level, a message appears at the bottom saying 'You should rest and meditate on what you have learned', have you had that message? If so you need to press T (by default) to rest. You only need to do it for 1 hour.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 7:29 pm
Lady Rae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

In order to advance a level, you must have a ten point skill increase across you major and minor skills. Have you been practicing all of your Major and Minor Skills - or at least several of them?
Post Sat May 11, 2002 7:44 pm
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

You need an increase of ten points in total. Go to a trainer or practice some more. If you did that, rest and gain your lvl.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 7:48 pm
ZAM
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ahh ok that is what i am doing wrong i guess. I did not know you had to work both minor and major. Ugh i might as well start over.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 8:19 pm
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Maybe I am mistaken but increasing just ONE skill with 10 points should be enough. Zam, check how much points you gained so far.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 8:22 pm
ZAM
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes i have. I have also rested and no gain in the level. Gez hope my character is not bugged if all you have to do is raise one sill and still be able to level? If so then there is definately something wrong
Post Sat May 11, 2002 9:30 pm
Loremaster
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well, you have to gain 10 skill points. It matters not whether they're all in one skill or spread across 10. I would say that level 1 to level 2 is very slow if you rely solely on practice but you can easily leave Seyda Neen with over 1,000g and if you put some of that into training major/minor skills then you'll level soon enough.

I imagine this game will be like all RPGs tend to be, in that mages will be slow to get started but capable of being pretty darned powerful later on.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 10:01 pm
Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

You have to work on the major or minor skillz. Wich means whatever armor is in your major or minor that is the type you wear in combat. Same with weapons and spells. If you dont then you will be level 1 for all eternity!!
Post Sat May 11, 2002 10:06 pm
ZAM
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmm did not know that either. Thanks for the tips guys. Unfortunately guess what? My CD rom just burned out on me LOL. I am now awaiting UPS to deliver me a new one. This is the second CD rom I have burned up in a year. Can you say TOO MUCH GAMING? hehehe. Well looks like I am out of playing the game till it gets here unless you folks know of a way to play WITHOUT the cd?
Post Sun May 12, 2002 12:02 am
LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

that would be the securom removal patch, that increases performance (for me it did actually).
Post Sun May 12, 2002 12:39 am
Zaal
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by ZAM
Hmm did not know that either. Thanks for the tips guys. Unfortunately guess what? My CD rom just burned out on me LOL. I am now awaiting UPS to deliver me a new one. This is the second CD rom I have burned up in a year. Can you say TOO MUCH GAMING? hehehe. Well looks like I am out of playing the game till it gets here unless you folks know of a way to play WITHOUT the cd?

Get a program called FantomCD and a CD Image creation program. Then just save the Image of the MW CD onto your HD somewhere. The FantomCD program will act as a Virtual Drive for you and use the image file just like a CD-ROM player would use a CD. I use it for several games I have and it's a great program. Do a search on Download.com for a shareware copy.

Zaal
Post Sun May 12, 2002 12:45 am