Usergroups
I just finished the Stranger quest (Chromanin)...Did I miss
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Ninjahawk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm a little (no, a lot) disappointed in the uneventful fulfillment of this quest. I found all 6 books, went back to the start (fog tower) and saw this new corpse, looted it and then there were 2 more mages spawning skellies like madshit. I killed the first one right off but had to retreat as those suckers skellys were making mincemeat out of me with medium templar armor (I was level 1. The mages corpse was gone by the time I made it back so I didn't get to loot it...Was there something on his corpse that makes this quest more worthwhile than a couple thousand experience points? I killed the second mage and nothing out of the ordinary on his corpse...

Again, Did I miss something or is this all there is to this one? I don't know why I was expecting more...but I was.

Also, has anyone else gotten the Artifact of Brotherhood from one of the Templars in the Queen egg quest? Does it do anything besides sit in my inventory?

Boy, I sure hope there is another game worthy of wasting so much more time on...I think 3 times is about enough (maybe).
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:46 am
Ninjahawk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OH! Has anyone talked to the smith on the outer ring (near arena) and gotten the idea that he will make something for you? I always mean to go back and talk to him and find out...Anyone know?

Also, I've read JemyM's walkthrough and he/she? mentions the "orc castle crystal quest", is he meaning the "mountain castle focus"? I'm playing for my third time as a sect loony and having fun. I'd like to get a TON of points this time around.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 6:14 am

During the Stranger quest, I also killed both Skeleton Mages...both of them had the exact same thing (some type of Ice spell and something else) nothing fancy. So, you didn't miss out on anything.

I agree that the Stranger quest didn't have the perfect outcome, but maybe just solving the quest was the reward
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 7:50 am

Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

yeah I was a bit disappointed in the outcome of the strangers quest but ohh well...
all that work for nothing
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 7:47 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Not nothing. Lots of xp.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 9:07 pm
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

heh I didn't have the chance to see how much xp I got because I opened the book and suddenly the room exploded with action
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:56 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Chromanin

Lone sailor with
power of Chromanin.
Fate brought you here
with so much knowledge.
Fate took you away.
Lost to this world is
Chromanin, following
your soul into heaven.

The seeker of Chromanin
will seek in vain.

- JemyM
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 3:04 am

i so wish they didn't suck out stuff from the english version. liek the thung camp over near the big troll was a quest that was in the german version, and ssect artifact and smith maken you a sword prolly were as well
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 3:41 am

Ninjahawk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That really does blow! Why take stuff out converting from german to english? Ran out of cash? Jeez. What a POOR excuse!

Ok, well I'm going to play one more time as a mage. Then I'm going to get a life back. Wish me luck! (with getting a life back)
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:39 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

haha, once you've complete a RPG, there IS no chance of getting a life back, you just want to game and game and game and...hehehe
And good luck with that mage char. I did the math: Unless you are going to start as a templar, your 1st 18-19 levels are gonna suck

[ This Message was edited by: Shrapnel on 2002-01-10 11:48 ]
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:47 pm
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:

On 2002-01-09 21:04, JemyM wrote:
Chromanin

Lone sailor with
power of Chromanin.
Fate brought you here
with so much knowledge.
Fate took you away.
Lost to this world is
Chromanin, following
your soul into heaven.

The seeker of Chromanin
will seek in vain.

- JemyM

hehe nice
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 6:01 pm

I completed the game as a mage. It doesn't cost +10 skill points per circle it costs +5 so you go 10,15,20...

I had maxed 1h sword too, but I only used it to kill little things that weren't worth mana, or to defend myself when jumped by lots of creatures.

Magic is really strong. Especially so when you reach circle 4 or higher. The spells kill things quickly and do area damage so that you might kill a pack of 6 monsters in 4 casts before they can even reach you.

The first two circles aren't that great but with 1h sword maxed you can still hold your own.

You don't need a lot of mana to be effective. I finished the game with 57 base strength and 50 base mana. I could use a strong 1h sword (2nd best in the game) and with a +15 mana item I had enough mana to cast plenty of spells on a full bar.

I even had 35 unused skill points at the end.
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 8:20 pm

Mohoalk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How do i get a new pict???:Lol:

Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 8:51 pm
Mohoalk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2002-01-10 14:51, Mohoalk wrote:
How do i get a new pict???:Lol: