Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I think im almost at the end now, BUT im a little bit stuck,
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

okay, i went into the tempel as a meatbug, then i had to kill lots of skeletons, and kill one skeleton mage, then there were three gates and i changed into a meatbug again and i went into that part of the temple. There was a room with two switches, one switch was a bad one because when i turned it the roof came down on me, but when i turned he other switch, i was able to climb up a platform; then i killed a mage who didnt stop throwing fire balls at me, and a mage who throwed lightling at me, i killed them both and got 4000 experience points, then i went further on and i found a baal, he wanted to kill me, so i killed him, but in this part of the game all the gates are closed and i dont know what to do (( PLZ HELPME
Post Fri Feb 01, 2002 3:52 pm

Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Hmmm...ok first. All these room you are getting into by going mealbug can be opened by pushing switches. There is one switch on the left side of the wall in front of grate.
Then the room with two switches and one drops the roof: Pull the OTHER switch first. Then loot the back of that room. Then pull the other switch and run out.
Should be two new open rooms for you ( I think)
Post Fri Feb 01, 2002 5:28 pm
wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

(Cracks knuckles in preparation for laborious typing.)

Okaaay...

You shoudn't have used the meatbug spell. You were supposed to open a passageway that's on the left side of the first temple room, and throw the colored switches (red, yellow, then purple) to open the gates. if you run out of meatbug scrolls, you will be in trouble if you want to get back out again. Magic is not always the answer.

From where you are now, you will need to shoot an arrow at the plate high up on the wall in the room with a floor full of holes, through which spikes will come up and impale you. Shoot through the door, without entering the room. This room is right next to Gor Boba. He is the templar you killed, next to a few minecrawlers.

This will open another room. Throw the switches in the same color order as before. This opens the gate behind Gor Boba.

When you gain access to the next area, you will have to go down a tunnel with an ope area through which you can jump down. Many minecrawlers inhabit this tunnel. When you reach a pedestal in the lake of lava, throw the switch on top to activate an elevator. his will take you down into a corridor that leads to a water-filled room with two switches. Push them both if you want to fight more enemies, or only the right one if you are a gutless coward.

There are a few more switches in the Temple, but this should suffice to get you "un-stuck."

If you run out meatbug scrolls, you will not be able to get through the gates you have, up to this point, already accesed. You mus type "Marvin" in your status screen and then "K" at the gates to teleport out. next time, throw the proper switch.

I remember you said shooting an arrow at the plate in the spike room did not work. It should work. You did it wrong somehow. Auto-aim at the plate and the hero will aim upwards without any problem. After this, a section of wall in the room will lower and you must again shoot an arrow into the crevice which appears in the opened section.

I have told you everything you should know to get out of your current predicament, meatbug girl. I hope this will lead to your extrication from this tight spot, and that you enjoy the rest of the game.

[ This Message was edited by: wesmjohn on 2002-02-01 11:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: wesmjohn on 2002-02-01 11:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: wesmjohn on 2002-02-01 11:41 ]
Post Fri Feb 01, 2002 5:38 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

hahaha, very well put
watch her come back and say she's in a whole other part of the map by now
Post Fri Feb 01, 2002 5:43 pm
wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Probably. This existence is such a thankless one sometimes.
Post Fri Feb 01, 2002 5:44 pm

This will open another room. Throw the switches in the same color order as before. This opens the gate behind Gor Boba.

what do you mean by in the same color order as before ?????
Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 2:37 pm

wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

quote:

On 2002-02-03 08:37, Anonymous wrote:

what do you mean by in the same color order as before ?????

I mean red, yellow, purple.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 12:51 am