Usergroups
Best Gothic Moment
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

No doubt this has been the best game I have played in a very long time. And I can appreciate that the majority of you seem to find various brutal aspects of the game to be your finest moments. However, I must say that the very best moment for me (because I was NOT expecting it at all having not read any threads on this board that would have given it away) was when I was minding my own business snooping in Gomez's room when the young lady (who wouldn't speak to me) disrobed and began to take a bath before my very eyes.

Post Sun Jan 20, 2002 1:43 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

My 2nd best moment was, day i found a gothicdemo from http://edome.fi.soneraplaza.net/tiedostot/lista.php/2120.html Best moment was when i got whole game

Post Sun Jan 20, 2002 1:56 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Well, my best moment was when I was chased by an angry orc warrior all across the map. Finally I decided to flee into the Old Camp, pretty close to death already. I reached the Old Camp gate, not daring to turn around since I still heard the Orc huff and puff and breathe in my neck... well, curiosity still got overhand, and I turned. The orc, of course, slew me. I dropped to the cobbled ground, quite dead, and right in that moment I heard Jackal (my fave extortionist ) shout: "If somebody's going to kick people's @$$ here, that's me!"

He killed the Orc.

My second favorite moment was when I - feeling mischievous - magically changed into an Orc Dog and bit my arms dealer Scorpio in the butt. He turned, looked at me and fled screaming - towards the Old Camp! Of course, he was butchered at the gate by Fletcher and his gang. I watched the scene, then I jumped at Fletcher who stood with his back to me. He turned, goggled at my Orc-Dog-self, said 'Holy sh**!!!" -
- and then the whole troupe killed me.

It still was fun .

[ This Message was edited by: Jaz on 2002-01-20 18:15 ]
Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 12:13 am
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Was playing as a newbie Chapter 1 Ranger, got really good at scouting out areas w/ tough monsters for best shooting locations to take them out -- usually on a rock or tree high enough to be out of the creatures reach, tagging them w/ arrows until they fell.

But no rock or tree was high enough for Snappers, they always ripped me apart, and I was very nervous whenever I got near them. Eventually got on a steep side of mountain that I had started climbing a LONG WAY BACK on the other side until I was overlooking 3 snappers, and thought I finally had them.

Started shooting, they rushed and tried to scale the cliff below me, to no avail. I was finally out of reach, and thought it was a done deal now, since every creature I had ever targeted just stayed in place trying to frantically climb after me while I shot them at my leisure.

After firing only a couple of rounds into them, imagine my feeling of horror and dread when all of a sudden they split-up and run in opposite directions around the sides of the mountain. I mean, they disappear from the area altogether!

They have to come back to the area below, I thought. Please come back to the area below, I pray. Nope. And as I stood there waiting for maybe TEN minutes of actual time, not daring to move and thinking they would have to come back to their area SOMETIME, what do I hear but the dreaded sound of an enraged snapper coming from over my shoulder. I turn just in time to see the thing rushing at me, having gone ALL THE WAY around the mountain and up MANY difficult set of steps and slopes to get to me.

I decide to jump rather than be torn to shreds. I die, but it was such a sweet death, really.

When those snappers split-up and disappeared I KNEW they were still trying to get me, but that they left the immediate battlefield in order to avoid arrows and find ANOTHER way to get to me was as mindblowing as it was ominous.

[ This Message was edited by: OctU on 2002-02-25 13:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: OctU on 2002-02-25 13:13 ]

[ This Message was edited by: OctU on 2002-02-25 16:02 ]
Post Mon Feb 25, 2002 7:04 pm
Olgerth Heidern
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I just had a real good episode yesterday.

Was on the way to the Sect Camp, went by this little bridge right beyond the waterfall, and noticed some creatures that upon closer examinations turned out to be Black Gobbos.

Out comes Mr. Firestorm... one gobbo dies, everyone else charges me with half the health. After a long fight, the sand was drenched in blood (literally) and all gobbos were dead. I march into the caves, all proud of my victory... and, holy HELL, twice as many of those buggers pour out of nowhere and block my way out!..

It almost felt like a scene from "Aliens" or something.

We fight because we must.
Post Mon Feb 25, 2002 7:22 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

My favorite moment was when I was in the New Camp in Saturas' Cave. I was running out of the cave and was executing a roll dive when my character fell THROUGH the floor. He continued to fall into nothingness until he landed on an invisible surface. Unfortunately he would not get back up and move no matter what I did. It was weird and kind of cool looking up at the bottom of the world. I'll have to take a screenshot the next time it happens. Has this happened to anyone else?
Post Mon Feb 25, 2002 7:33 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

One really memorable moment for me was crossing the bridge to the orc camp at night and then casting army of darkness and watch the skeletons fight the orcs. I remember seeing a skeleton leap up onto a cliff edge that was much higher than I could reach and I was thinking like wow, how cool is this?
Then much later, I came back to this area and a skeleton came charging at me and startled me, but I realized he must have been one of my old skeletons I had before that got stuck there and was left behind. Was cool how things like that could pop up a long time later and surprise you.
Post Mon Feb 25, 2002 9:48 pm
VirtuousMetal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well I just started the game. And my best moment so far was when I met the guy sitting on the trail to the ork camp. "He says don,t go up there the orks will rip you to shreads." BAH I of course head right up the trail. BRING IT ON! I round the corner and I dont have time to even reach for my sword.DEAD Load.... head up same trail alittle slower this time,, peak around the corner at the ork. Hmm he is just standing there so I jump, to see if he can here me.. DOH sure enough here he comes.
I run... I use the look back button his coming< I push on the forward key harder. Start looking for a place to run to lol Rats this hole mountain is nothing but a cliff.

I decied to jump off the cliff so he wont slobber on me again. I Jump... splash IM ALIVE I cant believe it,,,, great. Slash uhoh what was that second splash OMG its the ork, and he looks even meaner if thats possiable.

Swimming, Sloging onto land, runing... Look back he is right on my heals making thous gutral noise's. breathing down my neck. Ahh I think he is gainging.. back into the water. Ah there is the old camp if I can just make it there im sure the gaurds will kill him. Running...oh the two diggers out side the camp. I run though thier fire and look back. THe ork has stoped and doesn't seem to know what he wants to do. The diggers stand and the ork kills them both. He turns and looks at me and Ohhhh here he comes again. I run though the camp gates and past the gaurds. I turn around to see the fight. But all I see is that bloody ork blade coming down on my head. Then the gaurds kill him and one of them says I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. LOL

Anyway I couldn't let the ork get away with that. So I did the same thing again but this time the ork landed to close to the shore after jumping off the cliff and died. And I got his ork blade very cool:)
Post Sat Mar 02, 2002 5:51 pm
Olgerth Heidern
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Orc Lands are a gem. It's like being in those "contaminated zones" from sci-fi movies... Think about it, everything is mutated, wolves turned into orc-dogs, scavengers grew teeth and became biters, and snappers (as if the buggers weren't mean enough already) upgraded to razors.

I remember coming across a pack of razors and picking them off one by one with Pyrokinesis. Well, the last three noticed me and charged, I switched to Chain Lightning and fried two before running out of mana. Of course, they got some bites in, so I'm near dead. So I run, with the last razor hot on my heels, draw the weapon, circle... he overshot and I cleaved him in half. GRR, ARG! HEAR ME ROAR!!!

And those damn orcs. They are the most intimidating rendition of orc race I've ever seen. Maybe because they have that guttural "ooga-chaka-ooga-chaka" chase chant, or maybe because they pursue you RELENTLESSLY, no matter what you do. I had an orc fall to his death because I jumped off a high cliff. Well, I lived only thanks to Acrobatics.

Post Sat Mar 02, 2002 6:25 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

quote:

On 2002-03-02 11:51, VirtuousMetal wrote:
Well I just started the game. And my best moment so far was when I met the guy sitting on the trail to the ork camp. "He says don,t go up there the orks will rip you to shreads." BAH I of course head right up the trail. BRING IT ON! I round the corner and I dont have time to even reach for my sword.DEAD Load.... head up same trail alittle slower this time,, peak around the corner at the ork. Hmm he is just standing there so I jump, to see if he can here me.. DOH sure enough here he comes.
I run... I use the look back button his coming< I push on the forward key harder. Start looking for a place to run to lol Rats this hole mountain is nothing but a cliff.

I decied to jump off the cliff so he wont slobber on me again. I Jump... splash IM ALIVE I cant believe it,,,, great. Slash uhoh what was that second splash OMG its the ork, and he looks even meaner if thats possiable.

Swimming, Sloging onto land, runing... Look back he is right on my heals making thous gutral noise's. breathing down my neck. Ahh I think he is gainging.. back into the water. Ah there is the old camp if I can just make it there im sure the gaurds will kill him. Running...oh the two diggers out side the camp. I run though thier fire and look back. THe ork has stoped and doesn't seem to know what he wants to do. The diggers stand and the ork kills them both. He turns and looks at me and Ohhhh here he comes again. I run though the camp gates and past the gaurds. I turn around to see the fight. But all I see is that bloody ork blade coming down on my head. Then the gaurds kill him and one of them says I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. LOL

Anyway I couldn't let the ork get away with that. So I did the same thing again but this time the ork landed to close to the shore after jumping off the cliff and died. And I got his ork blade very cool:)

Wow, cool story dude. Sounds like some things I've had happen to me in the game.
Post Sat Mar 02, 2002 6:43 pm
Phil, the Prince of Insuf
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

My best game moment was probably one that happened with Aaron in the Old Mine. I had just distracted him, so that he'd run off to Ian and find out that Ian, in fact, didn't send for him. (Meanwhile, I'd be beating up Snipes for trying to charge me 30 ore for a freakin' key ) Anyway, I beat up Snipes and loot Aaron's chest, then go to find him and sell him his key back. He's not by Ian. I wait around for a while, then go get the List for Diego's Test of Faith. The next time I come back, it's for the minecrawler quest. I go and talk to Ian right away, and, as I'm approaching him, I see a body right next to him. Wouldn't you know it, it's Aaron. Apparently, he fell off one of the catwalks on his way down.

My other best Gothic moment was when I tele'd into the firemage's temple to smack on Gomez and his buddies. I whomp Bartholo and his friends, then summon 6 or 7 golems, who immediately run around and start flingin' people. I found Thorus's body like 12 feet from where he normally stands. That's not the best part, though; after I had killed Gomez, and everyone else, my one remaining golem starts trying to kill one of the girls, which are, of course, invincible. He stayed like that for 10 or 15 minutes. I bet he's still doing that right now
Post Sat Mar 02, 2002 7:58 pm
VirtuousMetal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2002-03-02 12:25, Olgerth Heidern wrote:
I remember coming across a pack of razors and picking them off one by one with Pyrokinesis. Well, the last three noticed me and charged, I switched to Chain Lightning and fried two before running out of mana. Of course, they got some bites in, so I'm near dead. So I run, with the last razor hot on my heels, draw the weapon, circle... he overshot and I cleaved him in half. GRR, ARG! HEAR ME ROAR!!!

OOOOooo That sounds exciting. I'm trying not to read to much here so as not to spoil anything Magic,, cleaving in half,, |:0 It looks like there is alot to look forward to,, I mean right now I can bairly lift the orks two handed weapon. ROAR..ack..cough.
Post Mon Mar 04, 2002 1:40 am
Olgerth Heidern
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I might've exaggerated with cleaving in half part, but you DO have a WHOLE HELL LOT to look forward to, man.

Post Mon Mar 04, 2002 3:07 am

I have one, I accidentally put a swampshark in to the game. I was in front of the OC and once I figured out I couldn't hurt the thing, I ran to the guards. The thing was, they couldn't hurt it either! It just crawled right into the OC, killing two of the guards. I followed it in and the camp when nuts! Diggers running everywhich, way, shadows running around and guards trying to kill it.
Nothing they did even slowed the thing down! It crawled around the camp, reeking havoc. I went to sleep, and when I woke up, things seemed back to normal. Until I when to get my daily supply of meatbug stew. I tried to talk to SNARF but as soon as I started the conversation, he flipped out and ran! I turned around to see the swampshark had some how gotten on top of the huts! Now I was running! I ran to where THORUS is and he started battling the thing. I left the OC and when I came back, the swampshark had gotten past THORUS and entered the castle courtyard! Were it began to chase everyone in site! I laughed my ass off watching all those guards and THORUS running around trying to kill the thing and not harming it a bit!
I ended up loading a saved game, I felt kind of bad unleashing that thing on the OC. Put it was fun!
Post Mon Mar 04, 2002 3:36 am

CuthredBerserk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I was in the New Camp, walking through the rice fields for the first time and Lefty came up to me. He asked me to give water to the peasants, and I told him to do it himself. He attacked me and I knocked him out, and stole all of his stuff. I waited for him to get up and punched him right back down, and right as he fell an older peasant said "What a pussy. In my day men used to be tough". I thought that was really funny.
Post Mon Mar 04, 2002 3:41 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next