Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
HELP, newbie needs directions!!! NO CHEATS!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I neeed to know what are usefull guidelines, so I do not waste my precious skill points on worthless skills.
- is it more usefull in the beginning develope strenght than sword skills? Damage?
- I have the bone bow from the mine, but someone said crossbow is much better than bow. Where to get one, and who teaches cb? Or is it the same wheter I train for BOW?
- other skills to "avoid"?? Acrobatics sounds useless? Sneaking, naah, killing power rules..

Thanks for the help. This game rocks!!!
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:40 pm

Acrobatics is nice to have once you get all your combat skills.

Do you want to be a mage or a swordsman?

Either way I'd try to max out 1h sword by level 5 and put the rest into str up to level 9.

Maxing out 1h sword will cost ya 30 points, then you can put the rest into str until you hit 70. This way you can use the strongest 1h sword in the game when you get it.

Then at level 10 start learning your magic and adding mana if you want to go that way.

Otherwise learn 2h sword and maybe take bow to level 1 or 2 so you have some kind of ranged attack.

If you want to learn 2h sword and save the 30 points from 1h sword you can do this by joining the new camp and talking to lee once yer a Merc. It's only 30 points though and you'll be weaker until level 10.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:47 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

1) maybe train your sword to "trained" then get some sgrenght and then train it to "master" (and then push your strenght without using potions) to 100 and then use potions
2) bow do less damage, but fire more arrow in than crossbow in same time (I personaly prefer bow but...)
you will be able to learn crossbow in same place as bow (in hut between OC and NC) in the beginning of "I do not know which" chapter (there will be standing new person).
3) acrobatics and snaking are maybe most useless
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:51 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Oh...
When I started to write my answer, there no answers in this topic, when I finished it, there where complex answer
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:52 pm
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

Strength is MORE important than weapon skill - though I WOULD get first level in single hand right away, then all other points into strength until it is 100. Then get second level sword or 2H if you are that far along. You eventually want both 1H and 2H for melee.

Acrobatics is the most useful of the "useless" skills. It allows you to jump without taking damage.

Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 1:28 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2002-01-14 15:40, Anonymous wrote:
- is it more usefull in the beginning develope strenght than sword skills? Damage?
- I have the bone bow from the mine, but someone said crossbow is much better than bow. Where to get one, and who teaches cb? Or is it the same wheter I train for BOW?
- other skills to "avoid"?? Acrobatics sounds useless? Sneaking, naah, killing power rules..

Thanks for the help. This game rocks!!!

The more strength = the better sword.
The more dexterity = the better bow or crossbow.
You answered your own question about acrobatics - worthless.
In my opinion, you just can't have to much strength
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 1:54 am