Usergroups
Diego's list from Ian
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
rwood
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I am on the first chapter and have completed most of the quests for the old camp (per JemyM's FAQ). I am in the old mine, in front of Ian. When I tell him that I've come for the list he replies, "Anyone could say that," and despite a few more questions about mining and the magic properties of ore I am left with nothing else to say to Ian. When I hit END (my only option) I utter something about just "exploring" the mine. What did I miss?
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 1:13 am

hey, im sort of in the same boat, but my problem is that i went to the old mine before diego told me to get the list. and i closed teh gate to the old mine after i left the first time. when i returned i couldnt use the winch to open it again, so i looked past the gate, and the purple thing in the mine wall, i think its an ore vein, or just plain ore, (the kind u can hit with the pick axe) so it sent me throug the gate, i got the list just fine, but now i cant get out. anyone have any ideas?
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 1:17 am

Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

You MUST speak with Diego first and receive the quest from him before talking with Ian.

As for the other problem - you are likely going to have to (1) restart from a saved game before you closed the gate or (2) use a cheat code from the console (see the FAQ on this board that details the use of cheats).

Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 1:42 am
rwood
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OK. I have the test of faith quest in my log. Why else would I be able to inquire about the list? Anyway, the "test of faith" log entry contains two items. First, to get the list from Ian in the mine. Second, that a map to the mine is available from Graham (which I have). Are there other dependencies? Does my char have to be a certain level?
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 1:55 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You more or less gave the answer yourself. Ian wants to hear the reason why he should give the list to a criminal he has never seen before.
This is realistic. If you forgot to ask Diego about this you have to walk back to him and find it out. Diego will tell you "Because _I_ sent you!".

Spoiler:
Remember that you are on your 'Test of Faith'. The list is VERY important.
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 4:09 am
rwood
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You are right...I went back to Diego and asked "Why should Ian give the list to me?" and my journal was updated. Thanks for your help!
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 5:12 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I just started too, who's Diego?

j/k
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 10:58 am