After Gothic 2?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Nude_Celeb
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

After Gothic 2?

Me and my best friends have beat Gothic and Gothic 2 and have been looking for a game that has the same features of the Gothic series. It would be appreciated if anyone would tell us of any game that are similar to the gothic series that have been released or are going to be released. Thanks
Post Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:08 am
ScOut3R
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Maybe you should try Morrowind. It's same in some way, but not quite. I love these two games, and others have this opinion too. I think you will either. It's world is much huger than Gothic, and you've got more freedom, more ways to beat the game. It's like a real RPG:) In my eyes, of course:)
Post Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:17 am
Nude_Celeb
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for your reply but i have played and own Elder Scrolls and the 2 xpansions Tribunal and Blood moon they are fun but not as good as the Gothic series in my opinion.
Post Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:21 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Well, not the same features exactly, but while waiting for the Night of The Raven expansion to be released in english finally, you can try Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Very good thing as well.
Post Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:05 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I have never played Arx Fatalis myself, but many people would recommend it to fans of Gothic and Gothic 2.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:48 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I played Arx many times. It is fun, and I liked it as well as Gothic. In some ways more because it is a shorter game. But the replay is high. So many ways to do stuff, and every way is fun. It is worth a look IMHO.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:35 pm
Nude_Celeb
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah ive heard of the game its from JoWood if im not mistaken. Thx Guys and if anyone else has a game they think i would like thats similar to the Gothic/Elder Scrolls Series then let me know
Post Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:21 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Arx was published by JoWooD, the Arx developers are Arkane Studios.

A game Gothic borrowed its looks from was Ultima 9; it's a bit older, but you might want to check it out. Older still is TES Adventure: Redguard, which was rather Gothic-y as well.
Post Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:32 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I don't care much about Morrowind at all, but I definately suggest Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic. Handy Jedi sweetness (or Sith if you're into it), good story and so on... And it's RPG game, made by Bioware, in SW universe. Good game to try meanwhile...
Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:07 pm
OldScho0l74
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ultima 9

I would suggest Ultima 9 but Jaz beat me to it. It's kinda old but still looks great. It's a very good RPG.
Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:52 pm
Treurroosje
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have been searching for good Rpg's like Gothic2, but I dont like most of them. The only game I like is Ultima, but I dont have an idea where I can buy that in Holland
I hope I can buy Gothic1 soon, but I dont see the game in the shops
How is the controling in Ultima Odyssey?

And can anyone tell me what sort of a game never winter nights is? It looks nice, but I dont know if I want to buy it..
Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:53 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Order it off Amazon.com-They still sell Gothic!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:20 pm
Kaivaal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Nwn

quote:
Originally posted by Treurroosje
I have been searching for good Rpg's like Gothic2, but I dont like most of them. The only game I like is Ultima, but I dont have an idea where I can buy that in Holland
I hope I can buy Gothic1 soon, but I dont see the game in the shops
How is the controling in Ultima Odyssey?

And can anyone tell me what sort of a game never winter nights is? It looks nice, but I dont know if I want to buy it..

If you're a fan of the Baldur's Gate Series (excluding Dark Alliance), then you might enjoy Neverwinter Nights. I personally wasn't impressed with it and got bored after the second chapter. It's not as user friendly as Gothic in terms of game mechanics (you need a good understanding of the AD&D 3rd Edition ruleset to get the most out of it), but there is a helpful "Recommended" button for most of the complicated stuff. It "feels" a lot more linear (less freedom to do what you want) than Gothic, when in fact it probably isn't. You are "confined" to certain areas in each chapter, but you can pick up plently of side quests. I think it's the story and characters that got me. Uninspiring. The game was more intended as a multiplayer super D&D set with virtually limitless possibilities. But as a single-player game, it wouldn't be my first recommendation.

Star Wars: KotOR on the other hand was excellent. Bioware hit the spot here. I'd recommend this to anyone.
Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:12 pm
Treurroosje
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I dont think I would like the Star Wars game.. I have seen some screenshots, but I dont like it I dont really like games in the future..
What games do have as mutch freedom as Gothic2 in what you can do? I dont know mutch about RPG's, Gothic2 was my first I like Arx Fatalis, but the demo sort of sucked And I think I will buy Ultima Odessey, that game looks great
Any suggestions for nice Rpg's are welcome
Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:45 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Iīm not sure what Ultima Odyssey is. Be careful you donīt buy an MMORPG.
Maybe you can find Gothic 1 or Ultima 9 (= Ultima Ascension) on eBay.
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:00 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next