Usergroups
Am I screwed?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Phineas
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I was exploring earlier in the game and found the mountain fort and the focus stone there. Later, I went back to find Lester there to "help" me, but I had already completed the quest and returned the focus stone to the Magicians of Water. Now, Lester just keeps saying that he'll "help me recover the focus stone," etc.

Will this mess up some later quest? I get the feeling that I'll need him/Diego/Gorn/Milton again at their little hideout or whatever.

Thx...
Post Tue Feb 12, 2002 4:03 am
Ralen_Sharr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

not exactly sure, but you should be alright.... just go hunting around for the document that he wants and try to give it to him, if he doesen't take it, oh well. You might just miss out on some XP.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2002 4:12 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Exploring locked areas too early was a bad idea.
You need some of your friends later on. Maybe you can save the day if you insert the foci at their locations and find them again.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2002 4:13 am
Phineas
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gorath--

I wasn't "exploring a locked area." I mean, I didn't cheat or anything to get there. I just killed the stone golem and kept going.

I gave the document to Lester, but he keeps insisting that he'll hang around to help me. Meanwhile, I've already returned all the focus stones to the water magaicians and am en route to Xardas' tower.

If I need to re-insert the focus stone into the game, could someone help me do that?

Thx...

[ This Message was edited by: Phineas on 2002-02-11 22:17 ]
Post Tue Feb 12, 2002 4:16 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

See this 'locked' thing metaphorically.

Download the FAQ on GothicDot or search the forums to find out how to activate 'Marvin mode'.

type insert focus_X in the console. Replace X with one of the following numbers:

2 troll valley
3 Old Mountain Castle
4 Monastery
5 Stonehenge

You can reach every location as bloodfly, meatbug or with the k cheat.

Post Tue Feb 12, 2002 4:47 am
MooseABN
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The game is real cool about doing stuff out of sequence. When the water mage dood gives you the quest for the stone, you will have a reply up of I found so and so focus stone here it is. I went and did all four in a row and went back and handed them all in. I think that I made out a whole level of exp from the turn-ins. Don't sweat it.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 12:34 am