Get me down from here!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Drakotan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Get me down from here!

Whenever I try to levitate, either with a spell of with a potion, I can levitate just fine, but the effect never ends. I get stuck in the air for the rest of the game.

Is there any way someone can think off to stop this?
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:58 am

I have the exact same problem. Typing fixme in the console doesn't work either. I usually just save and then reload and everything is back to normal.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:05 am

Drakotan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, restarting does work, but there are a few times that levitating is required for a quest.

Is there a console command that can turn it off, or a spell or enchantment that I could use?
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:24 am
Lisje
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

My guess is something about your character is causing this, either an always worn item or an innate ability. At the moment, I can't remember which Temple "blessing" won't affect my Breton, with her high Magika resistance, but there is one.

It could also simply be your character became corrupted in an early save (saving as the effect wore off, perhaps?) and now always exhibits this behavior. Probably something is seeing that effect ending as hostile, thus preventing it.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:28 am
Drakotan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OK, i tried using the "RemoveEffects sEffectLevitate" console command, and that didn't help.
Also, I made a pair of enchanted boots with a constant effect of levitate and left the value at zero. That didn't help either, when I put them or or took them off.

I'll take a look at my items, that may be it. My character is also a Breton.
I don't know about your corrupt file theory, I've never used levitate before, and I saved before I used it the first time.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:32 am
GhanBuriGhan
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Weird, that never happened to me, in fact my levitating potions alway wear out much too soon. If this is reproducible you should also let bethesda know about it so they can fix it in a patch.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:52 am
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

My dumb nord fighter doesn't like the taste of potions and he can only afford 1 levitate spell (with his low magicka).. And that only works like 66% of the time. Anyhow, when he succeeds in casting the spell it usually only lasts long enough for him to get up on a lethal falling height before wearing off. I almost wish I had that constant levitate ability. I've broken one too many bones.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:07 am
Drakotan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Still working on this. I tried making a spell with an effect of zero for a duration of zero for levitate and one with a value of 1 for 2 seconds. Neither one helped.

I even tried floating under water and coming back out. I was still floating when I flew out of the river.

I also read on another message board where someone had the same problem that using dispell doesn't help.

As for your wish for infinite levitation, you may want to try making a spell with as high of value as you can cast with a duration of zero; it may work like the trick for using the bound item spells with a duration of zero to give a permanant boost. However, I have no way to test this because I'm not sure if it's the spell or the glitch, and you may end up with the same problem as me if you try that.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:36 am
Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Can i get some of what you guys are smoking.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:51 am