Members
Usergroups
I can get past the Barrier!!!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

really cool stuff. Here's how:
turn into a bloodfly with a scroll.
As a bloodfly, you won't take fall damage, you move at a sprint, and you can hover over water. No, you can't change altitude with a key.
What is great is that you can somehow fly up incredibly steep 80 degree angle cliffs, and thusly explore strange new areas before and beyond the barrier.
to climb a steep cliff, fly into it at a slight angle. as you are pushed into a path parallel to the cliff, keep turning towards the cliff. you should climb at an angle upwards.
This is how one can explore the steep mountains around the thug camp and the free mine. after a while, you will become charged blue by the barrier. don't turn back in terror, but hover forwards past it. You will get shocked, but, unlike your character, the shock will not hurl you backwards. you will take about 10-20% damage, but your flight will not change.
As you are flying at a sprinting speed, you will only recieve one shock. You can't do this as your character, because only animals won't get sent backwards with the shock.
Now behold the free Mortana! there will be more terrain, and the infamous edge of the world, which in it of itself is very strange.

If one was to fall off this edge, one would fall down into the lowest level of the colony. As a bloodfly, you will not take fall damage! you can't turn back into a human while not on the map, although you can while past the barrier but before the edge. If you try, the screen will flash red!
it seems that the colony map is situated over a limitless plain. On the bottom, you can't see yourself, but can fly outwards forever, or turn back towards the colony to do something really f'ed up. flying towards the colony, remember that you are on a plain, but the plain represents the lowest level of the world. That is, it is the lowest part of many lakes, and the sea as well. as you fly back by this manner, you can see the frames and objects of the map, like trees and cliffs, even the Ore mound!
find a deep lake, like the one south of the New camp. If you fly into it, you will reappear at the bottom of the lake, the bottom being at the same altitude as the plain you were in. Flying out of the lake via a sloping bank, you are now back inside the colony, and can change back into your character!
You will have gone up a huge, steep cliff, past the barrier, off the edge of the world, and back into reality!
As for the sea behind the swamp camp, you can fly past the barrier as the bloodfly over the water, and continue onwars forever. If you turn into your character over the water before this border of the map, you will fall into the water, and can then see that the beach keeps sloping downwards until the edge. However, if you turn back while floating over the water past the edge, you will fall and die into the water over and over again.
So, what do you think? Post back please! I'll notice. Thanks.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 3:18 am

iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Wow..never thought of doing that!! Sounds pretty cool..I think I've found something to experiment with the next time I get a chance to play..seems I have no time anymore!

Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 4:01 am