FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Taking on multiple enemies
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

Hi
I just turned level 20, am master in one-handed and trained in two-handed combat. I use a 2H weapon though because the one I have does far more damage, and never bothered becoming master because I don't think the benefits are worth the skill points.

Anyway I have a lot of trouble taking on multiple enemies. Right now I am having to fight a lot of orcs, and I can take two on, but there is one situation here where I must fight four and I get beaten pretty quickly. It's frustrating to see how fast they hit you when your weapon is crawling along.

Is there any way to speed up attacks, or more important, to effectively fight more than two opponents? I could probably block and dodge more, but usually I need to get in close to make a hit and once I do I get mauled...

Jon
Post Sat Dec 22, 2001 1:33 am

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Answers from an experienced player...

Is there any way to speed up attacks:
Update to Master 2h

Is there any way to fight more effectively against more than two opponents:
Update to Master 2h

Block & Dodge more:
Update to Master 2h

To be able to do quick strikes and then escape:
Update to Master 2h

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sat Dec 22, 2001 1:52 am
Gaderath
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

upgrading to 2 level 2h fighting is probably your best choice for taking on that many guys at once, but dont forget what drax tells you about scavangers early on in the game. it applies to nearly all creatures. approach from a distance until it gets angry then wait for it to come to you. you can usually lure one or two orcs away at a time and kill them that way. once you get one to walk towards you take a few steps backward so you dont set off the rest of the pack.

in some situations you cant do this. your best bet then is to spend the skill points to upgrade to 2lvl 2h. faster attacks, better combos, its worth it. generally, sideside attacks are fast no matter what mastery you have for the weapon, but upgrading will speed them up even more.

[ This Message was edited by: Gaderath on 2001-12-21 22:22 ]
Post Sat Dec 22, 2001 4:21 am
Xandrius
Village Leader
Village Leader

you can lern acrobatic!
you will be faster at turning and aiming your enemy!
Post Sat Dec 22, 2001 2:50 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I also believe that master 2h is good investition of exp points
Do it.
Post Sat Dec 22, 2001 3:53 pm
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Don't forget the crossbows! With a crossbow of war I managed to kill 6 orc warriors charging at me, with the last one falling as his axe was raised above my head. If you get mastery you can get criticals 40% of the time!
Post Sat Dec 22, 2001 4:56 pm

have you tried a chorusline approach? I drop my weapon and do high kicks. No orc can resist it. They actually know some catchy drinking songs.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:47 pm