Joining one of the three guilds...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
colos1
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Joining one of the three guilds...

It has been said before on these forums that you can complete the quests that the other guilds have to offer without joining them. All you have to do is complete the quests and make sure that when you are given the offer to join you say no.
Here is my problem: I am level 10 right now and i want to join the mercanaries but before i do that i want to complete the quests of the other guilds. I am offered no quests from Lord Andre until after i have joined the militia. The only quest that was given from him( i forget what quest it was but i completed it) was one that would enable me to join the militia without becoming a a citizen first. So is this the only quest i get or is it possible to get more quests from him without actually joining? Same thing with the fire mages, if i pay the 1000 gold and give him a sheep, will it enable me to get more quests without joining the fire mages? I think 1000 gold is a little steep for a few exp points.

Also what is the deal with the magic golem? IS there some uber weapon or something that he drops? I have seen many posts about this and i am not sure what the big deal is. I ran into him a couple of days ago while i was exploring and i managed to pick up all the loot around him without dying. (After he attacked i ran away and then circled back behind him and grabbed all the potions scrolls etc on the ground where he was. Did I miss something?

Last question at what level should i venture forth into chapter 2?
Wait a few more levels or go for it now? Am I to weak, to strong?

Thx in advance
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:06 pm
ServanteS
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

you are done,doing more quest's will get you in the guild but there are lot's of non guild quest's
as for golem didn't miss anything he's part of mage quest's and only can be killed with hammer in monastery cellar
as for C2 level it's your call it depend's how chalanging you wont it to be,stronger you're caracter faster advance you chose
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:44 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

I thinkyou need to be able to beat an orc to enter the Vally of mines... You dont have to be able to kill him with no problems.. just kill an orc and then we'll talk..
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:20 pm