MalektheWise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Need Help with Thieves Guild

Ok here is what i have done so far:

Bandit Raids
The False Messenger
Baltram's Shipmant ( failded )
The Fishmonger ( doesn't show up - something wrong?)
The Brazen Thief ( failded )

My Merc is level 10 nearly at 11.
Kardif won't tell me that someone wants to speak to me. I have done everything for the side of the thiefs i.e. letting them get away or giving Nagur the package. However, i still can't get in cantact with them. What is wrong? Am i missing something that i need to do or is their a bug in the system? Please help as best as you can - thanks!
Post Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:32 am
Elverath
Village Leader
Village Leader

I think there's some special fish in a bandits cave that can open the door to to sewers, but ive never done it that way so Im not sure. Are you sure you turned in rengaru to the militia? you have to talk to andre after you tell him that your gonna turn him in.
Mamas gonna bury it the backyard

-Stans mom
Post Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:40 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Looks like you sided with Rengaru and Nagur. You have to 'use' the fish from the bandit raids. Read the stinking note that was inside, then go to Halvor at the harbor. Then Kardif will tell you about the guy who's looking for you.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:19 am
MalektheWise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ya but i already did the fish thing even though it doens't seem to be coming up. I opened the fish and got the stinking note then i talked to Havlor the fish guy. We came to an agreement that the note wouldn't get to the milita and he would give me " different " fish from time to time. The next time i talked to him there were other fish i could take for free so i did. But i still can't get Kardif to tell me that someone wants to talk to me. What am i to do?
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:37 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

That should be it then. I'll make the assumption that the quests you've listed are in your completed list. Kardif should talk to you about the guy waiting for you. You got the money from Nagur? That's the only thing I can think of stopping the quest. If it's a bug, sometimes reloading from a previous save will fix it.

Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:24 am
MalektheWise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes i took the money from Nagur but the quests The Brazen Theif and Baltrum's Shipment both come up as failed. As to reloading the game i have already kept playing thinking that i could do something else to get into the guild or that i wasn't doing something. Thus my saved game in a long way ahead of it and i can't reload to do over again. Does this mean that i will have to restart the game over again? Please help...
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:50 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

The Brazen thief and Baltram's shipment will be failed if you trying to get invited. That's ok. Unless there's a way to cheat at this point, I don't know what to tell you. Sounds like a bug, cause Kardif should tell you about Atille now. If you don't have a save just prior to helping the thieve's guild, then yes I guess you have to start over. Remember... many saves, many slots (Or at least a few.)

Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:14 pm
MalektheWise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok thanks for all the help you have given me. Now i just will have to make sure i save constantly. When will they give out a patch for this kind of stuff? Anyway thanks again for the help.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:28 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You're welcome

To tell you the truth the program is so complicated, I wouldn't be surprised it was a glitch not a bug. No patches for glitches you know?

Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:29 am