MMORPGDot Feature: Irth Online: An Interview with Magic Hat
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

MMORPGDot Feature: Irth Online: An Interview with Magic Hat

Irth Online launched with relatively little fanfare last November. We catch up with Magic Hat in a frank interview about the launch, what the future holds and what Irth Online has to offer players. Here's a snip: 
<BLOCKQUOTE><I>
<P><B>MMORPGDot: What was the pressure like to get Irth Online released? Was it as polished as you would have liked?</B></P>
<P>Tony Pungitore: The pressure to get the game released was an economic reality that could not be avoided. It would have been pleasantly relaxing to take more time, but most of us work best under pressure. Pressure often manifests increased productivity and efficiency in the workforce. Deadlines are good.</P>
<P>Was it as polished as we would have liked at release? Absolutely not. We released for two reasons, 1) Because we thought it was a point at which players could enjoy the game, and 2) Because we made a promise to the public that we would.But we did have small issues at launch that needed, as you say, polishing. So we came up with a couple of offers that balanced out the purchase price. Players were not required to purchase the game at all but rather could take a free trial account. If players did choose to purchase the game they received two free months of game play. And also if players purchased the game they were not required to sign up for the subscription. This was a message to the public that said, its really not about the money, although that is important, it's really about the game and our commitment to make this the best experience that we can possibly provide for the Irth Online community.</P></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P></I>Read it all <A href="http://www.mmorpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=1201">here</A>.</P></B>
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:07 am
slak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

That's an excellent interview, and those developers seem very honest about everything that's going on and things they've done.
That special offer made want to try the game, i'll try the trial tomorrow for sure.
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:08 am
Dhruin

It's received a bit of early flak on forums here and there but I thought they were pretty honest and certainly seem to be trying to improve the game. It's never going to compete with the big names but it seems worth a look to me.

Glad you liked the interview.
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:16 am