gorn...DEAD???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

gorn...DEAD???

after i killed the stone dragon i went to gorn he said that he will go back to khorinis... whan i went to khorinis i got in to a cave near the circle of sun i killed a mine crawler warior and some skeletons and i that cave i found gorn... DEAD..
is it a bug or is this seppos to happend?
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:32 pm
LexXx
He who has no title
He who has no title

It's a bug, what do they call it? Clipping mistake or something... I had it too. When I went to the monastery with a sheep, the sheep felt into the water near the monastery 'cause there's a lake with a path around it and I was on the other side of the lake and the sheep tried to get to me.

Uhhhm. Anybody understands what I'm trying to say.
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:39 pm
Pikkon

If that sheep was Pepe's sheep, then i wont be suprized but my question is, will gorn countinue to travel or does our journey ends here?
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:58 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I don't know about Gorn, but I lost 2 sheep that way!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:37 pm
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

Gorn is alright and you'll meet him again later.

It seems whenever a character leaves a map, like going from Khorinis to the Valley, the corpse of that character can be found in a cave. I've found the corpses of Xardas, Gorn and several other mercenaries even though they're sill alive.
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:43 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

When I played first time as a paladin, I did not free Gorn, that didn't stop him appearing later at Lee, in Onar's farm. Supposedly Milton freed him. Right now I will go as mercenary and will see, what this is about.

As for falling through the world, then happened to me once. I was fighting a stone dragon and it hit me once, which knocked me WAYS back. I got up and somehow, over that huge distance, it hit me once more and this time I fell through the world. Well, that was not what I had planned, so I quickly smacked on the Marvin-mode-god-cheat. After some time, I finally landed. I was WAY below the tower where the dragon was in, I saw river bottom in the distance. I started to run towards it and managed to get into the river through it's bottom. After that, I un-cheated myself, went back and kicked the dragon.

I haven't had any other such occurences happen, so I cannot tell why the heck I fell through the world. In general, I am pleasingly surprized, how well Gothic 2 works. I have had not a single crash yet, and have encountered only some minor bugs in the game, which have not distracted the gameplay at all. Bloody well done, I do not recall any other game in near past I have tried, which is done so well.
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:48 pm
mythicdude
City Guard
City Guard

u killer! u killd gorn, xardas..

anyway, i think it's a bug, try reloading an early savegame and see if the same will be
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:47 am
bhalos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Canthar lives on?

I havent realy had any trouble with those guys but i did have something like that with Canthar. I heard in this forum that he plays quite a important role. In the beginning of the game i had that mission for uhh lobarts wife(forgot her name, hilda perhaps?) anyway had to buy a pan from a merchant dident see one just a dead guy near the road leading to harbor city. It was Canthar so this early mission became 1 of my 2 failed mission throughout the entire game. I have no idea what killed him, maybe a very angry and vengefull meatbug or just a bug.(software bug that is, you know what i mean)

Anyway later in the game(much later( i talked to one of the guards(pablo?)) he has one of those wanted posters after talking to him he told me that he would report me to andre blablabla. A bit later i tried to talk to the merchants with the merchants stands they wouldnt talk to me anymore because Canther supposedly told them that i was a convict from the colony!!!
Strange i thought he was dead. And im sure he was his body magicly moved from outside the city to inside. Still dead though! Well it dident realy bother me, this happened very late in the game.

Just thought id share this..
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:46 pm