Cripling Misc. Skills
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
HydroSqueegee
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Cripling Misc. Skills

Thinking about making a mod [if it hasnt allready been created] to make it so you cannot raise you misc. skills, or oly make them able to reach 25 or so. Also Put a limit on the level all npc's can train your major and minor skills, something around the 40-50 range. Possibly slow down the rate skills are leveled or remove the attribute bonus of more than 3x in one stat per level.
The goal is to cripple the uber fast leveling and make you work for your skills. The maximum Character level will be around 50-70, theoretically, which is 3x-4x the god level, so creatures will need to be tweaked a little to be about 5x-7x stronger. Monsters are always stronger than feeble humans.

still a lot of planning to do and thoughts to be organised.

anyone think this will be a little harsh for a character in the world? thoughts? opinions? comments? input? ideas?

edit: guess i shoulda put this in the plugins area... sorry.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 10:05 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Well, monsters aren't always stronger than humans (Look at the immortal Telvanni ). I like the idea of less multipliers, once I got a X5 to Willpower.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 2:18 pm
HydroSqueegee
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

true.. creatures arnt always stronger, but most of them are. I will incorporate a few other patches that people have allready released like the cliff racers not attacking unless attacked, probably do the same with rats.

Im planning on tweaking the health and mana regeneration [or lack there of] possibly making the regeneration based on your endurance for health and intellegence or willpower for mana. regeneration speed will be determined by how high thses stats are. every 10 points = a 1 or 2 second drop in time per point healed.

10 = 1point/24 seconds
20 = 1point/22 seconds
30 = 1point/20 seconds
90 = 1point/8 seconds
100 = 1point/6 seconds

Kinda slow by that chart... but i will have to test it out in game before its set in stone. I really dont want it to go too fast, or too slow. anything faster than a point every 3-4 seconds is too fast for natural healing. I need to be sure potions and healing spells are still very usefull.

this is the first step in the project.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 5:03 pm
The Trooper

I seriously think skills need to be MUCH harder to raise to 100. I think at a lvl of 90, the skill must be used properly 5 times to raise 1/100 of a point.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 5:29 am