Temple of Akbaa room 28 Help Needed
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Achromatic Luminary
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Used the Heart - Possible spoiler

I enchanted a 2 handed sword after using the heart and it worked well. The paralyze works for about 1-2 seconds, depending on the creature you hit with it. The garlic works well too, +2 dex. Dragon bone powder on the weapons or armor will give you a +3 strength. The Amikar's Rock does make the piece unbreakable. Best part is, if you enchant a 2 handed sword with any of the items (that's been repaired first) you can sell for $1K+. I haven't used the regular bone powder, so I don't know how much you can sell that for. The only thing I need to try now is the reg. bone powder and to see if it's permanent if you enchant a weapon after poisoning it...
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:07 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Nice summary you made. A question about paralasis: it does work with every stab, doesn't it? Does a weak strike (the diamont at the bottom of the screen is not bright) produce the same effect?
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:47 pm
NSNightStalker
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Bone Powder and Poisoning

I have used bone powder and it only adds +1 strength. Poisoning is not permanent.
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:10 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Defeating Lich

This one gave me a real hard time until, out of desperation, I chanced upon a good strategy.

I pre-cast 3 Fireball spells, went towards the end where the Lich spawns until I was just a couple of feet outside the doorway and cast what I believe was the "Fire Field" spell, which created a low wall of fire across the hallway. Then I went to the chest and opened it, which spawned the Lich.

The Lich didn't seem too happy to see that wall of fire between us and hesitated a little before trying to walk through it. Just as it did, I let go a Fireball then another, effectively keeping the Lich right on the wall of Flames.

That was it. The second Fireball, along with the "Fire Field" toasted it! It never got to summon a Mummy, Zombie or anything else and I never took a hit from it!

I don't remember my stats at the time, but they couldn't have been very high. Good Luck!
Post Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:11 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

It only summons ghouls, not mummies, nice trick though!
Post Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:44 am
Hyperion72
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

To kill the liche relatively easily, loot the chest and then hit the switch to open the door which will close. You may have to fumble around the right hand side of the door until you can trip the switch to get out, but it can be done.

Once you are out, move into the "meatgrinder" room nearby - the one full of human hamburger. It's labelled "no magic beyond this point." That's not a request, it's enforced - magic will not function beyond the threshold. The liche will attempt magic and fail repeatedly once inside that room.

A few solid whacks with my shortsword finished it off, so I'm guessing liches use magic to make themselves so tough. The liche also seemed reluctant to enter the room, although it did cross the threshold eventually.
Post Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:46 am
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hyperion 72

That's a very clever and obiviously effective approach...never read of anyone using the "no magic" room to kill the Lich...mabye you've hit upon a way to kill it as a character early in the game without better skills and stats...in my gameplay this was the most difficult Lich to kill and I had to leave it until much later in my game...after pox Helm Quest...even then I had a difficult fight...I barricaded it in it's side room before opening the chest with the Create Field spell...and after numerous fireballs(5)...lightening scroll...mana drain scroll and repeated slashes with a poisened blade I finally managed to kill it...it spawned a creature to its aid also which needed to be killed...I needed quite a few health and mana potions and even had to use cure poisen potions because its companion kept using poisen...they both used paralize as well...toughest fight in the game so far...and I just have the final battle to go...

THE TAROT
Post Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:08 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

In my second game I never had much troubel with that liche. Dunno why exactly. It's kind of weird how the game plays out differently every time, though not interesting enough to spur me to play it over again a third time . I might try it again with the new patch once I get my new computer...

The second time I took on the liche, I took it on right away and I manged to kill it on 2 tries.

Weirdly enough in my first game I took out the two poxelis liches easyly (well took me 15minutes of hit&run) with a bunch of heals here and there. In my second game I just gave up after 20 minutes (well it might have been shorter I have to admit I was less patient). I returned after doing the whole dwarves level and it took me 2minutes to kill both with maybe 2 health potions.
Post Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:29 pm
Hyperion72
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I tried the magical barricade and playing cat and mouse through the halls several times before my roommate (who was watching) came up with the no-magic room approach. I was pretty sure I was in far over my head for my level until that worked. I'm not relishing meeting any more liches until I get to a higher level, that's for certain.
Post Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:41 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Well, there's a trick for the poxelis shield liche but you don'tget XP if you use it...
Post Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:01 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2