Tribunal,... level?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

Tribunal,... level?

Which level is Recommended to play Tribunal?????

Gothic II Credits
Post Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:28 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'd start right now if I were you!

While you need a pretty powerful character to complete Tribunal, Mournhold is a useful place to have access to no matter what level you are. My new character made his first trip there at level 2, and has returned many times since. You can get started on some of the quests, take advantage of the new shops and meet the locals.

As for starting on Tribunal's main quest, it depends on how your character has progressed. If you're a good melee fighter, about level 15 should suffice. For pure mages or sneaky thieves, maybe level 20?

Don't expect to finish Tribunal at that level, however. It provides a good challenge for even the highest level characters.
Post Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:44 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

I'm a level 15 red guard and a very good melee fighter

Gothic II Credits
Post Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:41 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Sure, why not?

Well, give it a try. Start a couple of quests and see if you breeze through them or if you get beaten down. Remember, you can always go back to the island and return to Mournhold later.
Post Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:42 pm
camas
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

mournhold level

i am a level 72 and some battles ar hard. finally killed the
guy infront of the temple with a couple of darts darts ar cool.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:32 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm doing okay...

My level 12 Dark Elf Hunter (Venrath) has managed to kill quite a few Goblins already. He actually started his Goblin-crusade back at level 7, but had to take things very carefully and plan WELL ahead. The trick I found was not letting the little blighters get anywhere near him!

Without giving anything away, he managed to get through to the "Tears", but can't get past the two "Bruisers" just inside the door. At this point I was completely out of scrolls, down to my last couple of healing potions and had no more Magicka left for a Bound weapon. I decided to head back to town to restock and sell my loot. That's where I've left it (busy trying to get a job today) but hopefully I'll have more progress to report tomorrow!

From my experience, I can *definitely* recommend people get started with Tribunal as soon as they can. I found the way I had to change tactics to deal with the superior forces made things really interesting.

Don't worry, I'm under NO illusions that I can finish it with a level 12 character!
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:52 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

The earliest I took on the underground areas was level 20, and that was definitely a challenge... but that also was not by any means a combat-oriented character, so a very tough level 15 may stand a chance... especially if you have good equipment. I would recommend spending some time getting the armor and weapons you want in Vvardenfell before taking on the sewers, though... while you can get some nice items in Tribunal, you won't get them right away, and naturally there are many fewer unique items.

If you like constant effect enchantments, you should definitely line those up first as well, since you won't find souls of an appropriate quality till near the end of Trib.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:08 pm
Catch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Im a lvl 35 spellsword and some of the areas are definatly quite hard.which is good:)
Post Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:45 pm