Usergroups
Do things respawn?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Drakhan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have Been playing Gothic for a few days now, and I am beginning to wonder if things respawn. would someone please tell me if enemies and items such as berries, plants, mushrooms, etc. respawn after a certian number of game days.

Thank you.
Post Tue Dec 25, 2001 3:46 am

Yes they all respawn during varying points in the game. Even if you kill every single monster in the current chapter, the world will eventually repopulate (except the last chapter, but you'll be busy with other things then =)
Post Tue Dec 25, 2001 6:48 am

Drakhan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thank you for the info.

One more stupid question though please, does this mean things respawn within one chapter, for example, if i'm in chapter one, and I kill all of the monsters, they will be regenerated over time? also, do NPC's ever restock their stuff.

Thanks once again
Post Tue Dec 25, 2001 7:57 pm

Generally, if you kill all world monsters within a chapter, they won't respawn until a future chapter.

However, certain quests within a chapter will generate monsters for you that's required for that quest, even if you previously killed everything in existence.

For example, you killed everything at Point A. You later, in the same chapter, are given a quest that requires you retrieve something from point A. More than likely point A will now be guarded by some beasties even though you cleared it before.

Post Tue Dec 25, 2001 9:49 pm

Also, NPC generally restock their inventory each chapter, but some NPC's restock their ore and basic inventory on a daily basis.
Post Tue Dec 25, 2001 9:51 pm

This allows for big-time looting of NPC action!
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 1:30 pm

Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

yea, but I noticed that if you knock a vendor out, you can take all his stuff but he wont respawn more (like he's holding a grudge against you)
so if you must knock off vendors, they might as well be from the old camp, since you'll be in there to clean up later anyway.
And the weak (+50-+90 exp) monsters will respawn from day to day (after sleeping till next morning) the bigger monsters (Shadow Beasts, Lurkers, Snappers) have a much slower respawn rate, esp if they have a cave they go into night to night

[ This Message was edited by: Shrapnel on 2002-01-08 11:59 ]
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:56 pm