Usergroups
What are YOU gonna play next?...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Well its Friday now, dont want to spend another weekend finishing a game I completed 2x now, so Im going to be hitting the stores either tonight or early tomorrow.
Give me some ideas people!!
Of course, Im looking for a Gothic wanna-be If I cant find that, then I at least want something with a plot long enough to last me the weekend...post your idea here pls
Post Fri Jan 11, 2002 4:41 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Well, I had Wizardry8 and Gothic Given to me as a Chistmas present and haven't played Wiz8 at all yet. But I imagine it is what I will play next. It has gotten a lot of very positive reviews and I imagine it would easily last you the entire weekend. I can't personally say whether or not it is good though.

BTW - it seems like every other thread on this forum lately is asking a question very similar to yours...if you want some suggestions try reading some of the other posts with titles like What Next or Games Similar to Gothic...etc.

Post Fri Jan 11, 2002 5:28 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

I'm going to play Sin again, and lookin for similar game to gothic, tried few but didn't like them, exept Blade of darkness(demo) Tried to find that one from local stores, but had no luck
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:31 am
mersil
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

you can prolly order Blade of Darkness at http://www.ebgames.com
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 9:15 pm
mersil
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

oops. they dont have it there ......

It is in Stock here :smile:http://www.cgonline.com/
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 9:22 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

Thanks

Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 10:58 pm
Dog Of War
Village Leader
Village Leader

SOULBRINGER & MEDAL OF HONOR
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:58 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I'm going to finish Wizardry 8 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:30 am
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

I saw Garasul is out in the stores. Isn't it supposed to be similar in scope to Gothic?

Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:15 pm
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

I changed my mind, I am going outside to play ring around the rosey with some neighborhood trailer trash.

Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:39 pm

Hey, as long as you're having fun.

I'm playing Arcanum now. A friend was so excited about it that I had to give it a second look. Very nice. The relatively old school graphics threw me for a while (shame on me to judge an RPG by its graphics!!) but the steampunk setting is great, and the replay value high (social monster, magic monster, tech monster, physical monster, thieving monster... the race variations of these monsters).

Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:45 pm

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I use Wizardry 8 as chess, or Solitare...
Entering a fight that takes 10 minutes, and then right after it fall into another that takes 5-15 minutes, and then another that also takes 5-15 minutes... Boring... Boring, boring, boring...

And this is with SPAWNED monsters... Even if you annihilated the area, you will still encounter a bunch of spawned monsters that takes 5-15 minutes to defeat... Even when they are "easy"...

Spending an hour or two with fights that are *USELESS* is soo boring...

The first thing I did after Gothic was going through Throne of Bhaal... And it gave me great value for my time and money. I almost cried when I saw the final end...

Then I have spent awhile going through Alone in the Dark 4... Both with him & her. Scary, and with an excellent story...

After Alone in the Dark I picked up a few 'oldies'... I have the crazy idea of once in my life completing all Sierra's adventure games...
So I went through Space Quest 5, Space Quest 1 SE, Police Quest 1 SE & Police Quest 3... Right now Im playing Freddy Pharkas...

If I have the guts, I might try to continue Pool of Radiance 2... Im about 25% through... I have never cheated in a RPG yet, but I am considering doing that in PoR2 just to see the end.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:30 pm
Rayder
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Games on my list:
Pool of Radiance: Ruins from Myth Drannor
This game brings back memories of the "gold box" edition D&D games on the Commodore64. You know, back when 2D was cool. (I had to stick that in, heh heh) I played the hell out of all the 'gold box' games way back when. This game was bought mostly for nosalgia......

Soul Reaver 2
Demonic....maybe, fun YES! AND IT'S IN 3D.

Wizardry 8
Looks good (but I haven't played it yet) AND IT'S IN 3D.

And of course there's Gothic.
Well...this game is Ultra-impressive to say the least. I've just kinda been playing in it for a while looking at the pretty graphics, but haven't started the "adventuring" yet.

AND IT'S IN BEAUTIFUL 3D!

I'm gonna be makin' the jump to WinXP soon, so there's no point starting into ANY of the games at this time. Homey don't play the copied-save-game corruption game. I figure that I'll just run a Dual-Boot Win98se/WinXP setup for a while to MAINTAIN a little COMPATIBILITY for a few of my favorites that don't seem to work (or should I say 'don't work right'?) in XP.

I figure that once I'm all setup, ON WITH THE GAMES, I'm covered.....until something better comes along heh heh....

Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:11 am
Tempered
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Dungeon Seige (maybe) when they come out. I don't waste my time on bargain bin games. Arx Fatalis looks interesting, may try that when it comes out. Till then I'll just see how much trouble I can get into in Gothic.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:25 am

cough Summoner cough cough ahem
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:07 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next