SELF DEFEATING CHARACTER PROBLEM!!! plz take a look
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

SELF DEFEATING CHARACTER PROBLEM!!! plz take a look

well after playing a pure mage for a couple levels i decided i didnt like my char. so i decided to make a new guy. basically he is just a battle-mage, who uses a bow instead of destruction magic as main offensive. but he still will use destruction to drain and hurt abilities, like strength, to try and keep enemies as far away as possible while i arrrow them to death, and im unarmored w/out a weapon besides bow to stay as fast as possible. he is a wood elf with apprentice sign, for the magic bonus. after i just got to level 2, i realized the great flaw in my char. first of all here are my major/minor abililtes :

major - marksman, destruction, illusion, alteration, unarmored

minor - mysticism, enchant, H-t-H, restoration, sneak

my problem - my only inteligence skill is enchant!! and i dont want to use conjuration at all, and im not to fond of alchemy because i just dont like carryign all the stuff around, and always looking for ingrediants. as for security, i am using alteration for opening things...so the only way i will be able to level inteligence is to use enchant, but that wont be sufficient because ill need more intel lvls and i wont be using enchant items for that much i dont think besides enchanting my clothes...do you guys see my problem? any help plz?
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:54 am
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

aren't destrucktion etc intel?
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:49 am
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

no they are willpower...but anyway i seem to have fixed it now, i dropped sneak for alchemy...anyway the only intel skills unless i forgot one are security, conjuration, enchant, alchemy.
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:13 am
BearishSun
City Guard
City Guard

your intelligence wont get higher if you have alchemy but dont use the skill. Enchant is probably one of the worst skills to train int. Its best to train enchant from trainers coz it goes really slow, especialy at low levels. You should have chosen conjuration because you can force train it. Just make a spell which creates a skeleton for 1 sec. Its great for training and you will have 5x int when u lvl up.
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:32 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

The best way for you to lvl intelligence is to train the misk skills before you level.
That way you get a intellingence multiplier.

My carracter does not have endurence as major/misk but i still train it for the multipliers. my carracter has gone up 10 points in endurence that way in 2 levels.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:02 am
CharlieGuest

One quick point...

You'll only get stat bonus multipliers through *training* Misc skills if you're running the latest patch - the original game gave you level up through Major and Minor improvements, bonus multipliers through Major, Minor and Misc *usage*, and Major and Minor *training*.

Just warning people before they prepare to level up and spend a mint on training misc skills to no avail... Like I did once
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:15 pm