Missing Textures on CD
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
mojobaggins
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Missing Textures on CD

When I try to view certain models in the Preview window in the TES Construction Set, I get errors thrown at me saying that certain textures related to corresponding meshes are missing. I have tried looking through the Construction Set CD, thinking that there was a copy error, but the textures simply aren't there. Some textures are there, but the Construction Set refuses to acknowledge their presence. I wrote down only a few which are listed below. There are more though.

Missing:
tx_ashlands_01.tga

Won't recognize:
tx_woodfloor_brown.tga
tx_wood_interior_plain.tga

The following NIFs are not being recognized:
ex_cave_ash00.nif
in_c_thatch_room_pcorner2.nif

Has anybody else had this problem or know a solution? A reinstall does not solve the problem on any issue.

These model problems can all be found under the Static tab. May be in others but I haven't looked yet.

Thanks,
Mojo
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 9:25 pm
mojobaggins
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

In an update to what I previously posted, it appears that the TES CS is looking for .nif files when it should be requesting .tga files with the same name. This only seems to be happening with the mesh "in_c_thatch_room_pcorner2.nif" under Static.

tx_woodfloor_brown.tga
tx_wood_interior_plain.tga

are actually being looked for as

tx_woodfloor_brown.nif
tx_wood_interior_plain.nif

Those aren't the only ones. The entire model shows up without any textures at all. I am not going to list all of the texture errors I got that were associated with this mesh, just assume that all textures required by it to be displayed are being requested with a .nif file extension.

There are several other meshes that are having this problem as well. I do not know if this is a bug or not. Somebody please let me know something before I go and report this problem to Bethesda.

Thanks,
Mojo
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 9:37 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Doesn´t really sound like a Gothic problem.
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 12:24 am