Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
WTF! Why does it cost 10 LP's for strength and 1h now?!?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

WTF! Why does it cost 10 LP's for strength and 1h now?!?

I noticed that all of the sudden it now cost me 10 LP's to train strength and 1h fighting instead of 5. What caused this? I'm still in chapter 1 and i'm a level 11 fire mage.
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:01 am
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Huh? The moment you choose the Mage character class, martial attributes increase in cost by 100%
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:06 am
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Why didn't they explain this in the manual?!? Now I'm gonna have to go back to a saved game because my mage is only at 10% 1h fighting. I was saving my LP's to train him a lot at once. What bullsh*t! So there's no way of knowing about the LP increase until after it happens!?! Who's bright idea was that?
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:24 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by JDR13
Why didn't they explain this in the manual?!? Now I'm gonna have to go back to a saved game because my mage is only at 10% 1h fighting. I was saving my LP's to train him a lot at once. What bullsh*t! So there's no way of knowing about the LP increase until after it happens!?! Who's bright idea was that?

It's an attempt to balance the classes and to make it more difficult to create a character that "has it all".

Gothic 2 prefers specilization as opposed to "jacks of all trades". You chose to be a Mage. Use your points to learn magic spells and increase your mana. Trust me, it will make you just as powerful as a fighter. If you wanted to be a fighter you should have stuck with either the Paladins or the Dragonhunters.

It's the same way for non-Mages. If they want to increase their mana, it costs double because that's not one of their "natural" abilities.

You are doing the right thing though, because usually to helps to have 1h at at least 30% as a backup measure even if you're a mage. Most players do this before making the final decision.
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:19 am
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

Its simple... whan you become a novic/mage dex. str. 1h and 2h skill will need double lp...
but to increase your mana will cost 5 insted of 10 lp...
the best thing to do is train your str. dex. and 1h... but not too much... train you 1h skill to 30% coz whan you get to 30% it will cost you 10 lp's anyway... and whan yoll become a novic/mage it will cost you 20 lp's (but it doesent matter...) my edvice learn all of the mana essens elixsir and extract and learn elixsire of spirit it will raise your mana in 10 (forever) you can also learn the elixsir of str. and the elixsir of dex. (constentino will teach you the str. potion and sagitta the herb witch will teach you the dex potion, to learn the elixsir of spirit you will need or to learn the str. and dex. potions or to learn from the alcemist in the monestry...).
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:23 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

potion of spirit is kinda toooooo expencive it takes one kings sorrel away for just a little run :\
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:28 pm
Pikkon

Its VERY excpensive to make a lot but belive me its worth it... i finished as a paladin lvl 39 with 164 str. 110 dex and 70 mana (had extra learning points so i traind with mana from milten in the halls of igroth (or whatever this place named...)).
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:33 pm