finished,Thanks all
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

finished,Thanks all

What an epic game! I enjoyed it and this board. On to the next? After catching up on sleep The ending was surprising, whole game was genius. Later PS, thanks Otter and all of you, never got Bessie though!
Post Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:10 am
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

Re: finished,Thanks all

quote:
Originally posted by sealight4
What an epic game! I enjoyed it and this board. On to the next? After catching up on sleep The ending was surprising, whole game was genius. Later PS, thanks Otter and all of you, never got Bessie though!

I'm assuming that you meant to type 'Nessie'. Don't worry about it. Nessie is probably the toughest fight in the entire game. There's no shame in sneaking by.

Congrats on the win.
Post Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:08 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Glad we could help out. Any idea what you might play next?
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:11 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, do you already have some prepared games?
Btw I hope you will continue to use this boards, now as one who will answer questions :].
Post Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:16 pm
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

I played thru Neverwinter Nights, Warcraft 3 again and am starting a new party in Wiz 8! NWN and W3 are being e-bayed, I have the Divine Divinity Demo, 400 mb from PC Gamer which I have high hopes for. Only Half Life and Diablo have taken as much time as Wizadry 8. which is good Nessie's taunting me. Wizadry 8 has legs, the others are "gimbos" . Pretty but don't try to talk (replay) to them. And as far as giving advice I'll try but this board has some folks who I think have memorized the whole thing! Being well over 50, turn based games are more fun to play, Age of Wonders is in my sights after It's been out a while. thanks for the kind words
Post Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:28 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

If you haven't already played them, you might consider Might and Magic. MM6 and MM7 are definitely the pinnacles of the series. Both can be found for $15 or less. MM8 is decent, but MM9 (the most recent) blows. That series is probably the closest to Wiz8 for recreating the "old-school, 1st person RPG" feel.

Turn-based games suit me best, too. My "twitch reflexes" aren't bad, but I've got a wife and kids that just don't respect the sanctity of Daddy's gaming time.
Post Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:59 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
Turn-based games suit me best, too.

Same here. I talk about RPGs not about Strategies. When I can not find option to play turn-based in RPGs or when there is not in-battles-pause button in RPGs I ussually miss it. However there are ofcourse games that do not need it like Diablo, DS...
Post Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:16 pm
Scorillo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Haha, that "sanctity of Daddy's gaming time" was real funny Dteowner, try getting them involved in a multiplayer
Post Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:35 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

My wife pretty well hates the computer, and my girls are 4, 2, and 2 (twins). A little early for indoctrination...
Post Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:54 pm
Scorillo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh, I see. Anyway I bet you have a great family and you have fun there without playing games. But in my case I corrupt every one Sometimes my mom comes and watches me playing Wiz8. It's funny to hear her comments about monsters... My sis plays Capitalism and Sims...Kinda boring As you can notice we are a family of gamers and gaming fans *lol*
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:52 am
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by sealight4
I played thru Neverwinter Nights, Warcraft 3 again and am starting a new party in Wiz 8! NWN and W3 are being e-bayed, I have the Divine Divinity Demo, 400 mb from PC Gamer which I have high hopes for. Only Half Life and Diablo have taken as much time as Wizadry 8. which is good Nessie's taunting me. Wizadry 8 has legs, the others are "gimbos" . Pretty but don't try to talk (replay) to them. And as far as giving advice I'll try but this board has some folks who I think have memorized the whole thing! Being well over 50, turn based games are more fun to play, Age of Wonders is in my sights after It's been out a while. thanks for the kind words

You might want to try going to http://www.adom.de and downloading ADOM if you're a big fan of turn-based stuff. The graphics and sound are minimal, but if you don't care about that, you'll find a game that you wont want to put down. High difficulty (at least at first), completely randomized dungeons, something like 20 classes and hundreds of monsters, and it all fits on one floppy disk! One of the most addictive action RPGs I've ever played.
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:13 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

thanks shai_aus, I just ordered BG2. Y our referral is appreciated and I'm going there today. I'm still in the middle of W8 second time around.Way more fun the second time!
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:04 pm
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

You'll have a great time with BG2, though I'd hesitate to call it turn-based. I'd also very highly recommend Planescape: Torment.

Good to hear you're interested in ADOM. It's quite hard to get into (you will die A LOT when you start out, and many key commands need to be memorized), but preserverance leads to a truly addictive game. If you have any questions about stuff, PM me here or mail me at cmot_dblah@hotmail.com and I'll help you out.
Post Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:07 pm
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Computer games, and video games alike, are quickly replacing TV entertainment. I had a friend who'd joke with me just how much time I spend "playing around" when he failed to consider how much time he watches TV after work. It was a whole lot more. It's as if he's saying that it's acceptable to waste time before a TV set but not with a more brain-stimulating computer game. Funny how that is, eh?
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:46 pm
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by John373
Computer games, and video games alike, are quickly replacing TV entertainment. I had a friend who'd joke with me just how much time I spend "playing around" when he failed to consider how much time he watches TV after work. It was a whole lot more. It's as if he's saying that it's acceptable to waste time before a TV set but not with a more brain-stimulating computer game. Funny how that is, eh?

It's because when most ignorant non-gamer people think about "video games", pictures come into their mind of small children playing a Mario game on the family TV. Although the average age of gamers nowdays is about 22, many people think that it's something that only kids do. Recently, games like GTA have created a lot of negative press for video games in general, and the thought that they can be mentally stimulating just doesn't occur to a lot of people.
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:41 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next