My life is Ruined
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Beatcow
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

My life is Ruined

Morrowind has ruined my life. I f***** hate computers. And it all happend a few months ago. I got married two years ago, and since then, i had 2 children. I am a salesperson, and im not that rich. Ive been waiting for morrowind to come out for so long. Now that it came out, that all ive been playing. I played from 6(after work) till 2 in morning. I couldnt stand the laggy graphics, so i spent a months hard earned money on upgrades. Still not good enough. My wife had to cut down on groceries because of my expenses. I lost my job(late). Now my wife has left me, i get mad when my kids interupt, so i lost them too. my life is now ruined.

*JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

Im only 14! Imagine if that were true? Tell about if your parents(or girlfriend) like when you play morrowind so often.
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:31 am
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

You almost had me. I felt a tear coming down my eye.
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:54 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

That sh*t ain't funny! MY wife has started calling my rig "her" and "your mistress". First it was Wiz8. Now Morrowind. She's getting tired of me not helping much with our three kids (4yrs and 2yr twins).

I'm 32, and it's all true....
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:55 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Re: My life is Ruined

quote:
Originally posted by Beatcow
Morrowind has ruined my life. I f***** hate computers. And it all happend a few months ago. I got married two years ago, and since then, i had 2 children. I am a salesperson, and im not that rich. Ive been waiting for morrowind to come out for so long. Now that it came out, that all ive been playing. I played from 6(after work) till 2 in morning. I couldnt stand the laggy graphics, so i spent a months hard earned money on upgrades. Still not good enough. My wife had to cut down on groceries because of my expenses. I lost my job(late). Now my wife has left me, i get mad when my kids interupt, so i lost them too. my life is now ruined.

Jeez man you had me man! I'm shocked before i read the words "*JUST KIDDING!!!!!!" How about some serious spanking for being so naughty!?.

Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 5:18 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

If the beginning post were true, I could relate. I am in the same boat as dteowner. My wife hates my computer habit and she is really jealous and suspicious. I do not just play games. I spend a lot of time here, browse web, and java programming/graphics. She also on that kick about the computer comes before her and my son. Maybe it is a little true. I don't have much money to play with either, but since morrowind I have upgraded almost my entire system (gf4, amd 1800, mb, case, sb audigy, 512 ddr, fast cd-rw, etc) Got to have my fix
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 5:50 am
Bach & Baroque
Village Leader
Village Leader

Good lord, you almost had me as well. The very thought of living like that is just ... depressing. God, I mean, I love RPG's and I love readin' fantasy books and I suck at pretty much all sports (except running and tennis) and in turn I'm pretty much a geek, and I don't mind ... but to live like that, have a family, have a wife and kids and just shun them for some frickin' 3D pictures on a screen. I mean, I try to put playing computer games in perspective by thinking, Okay, what will investing hours of playing this game in the end give me? And I usually can think of nothing! Exceptional enjoyment, yes, if it's a good game. But even then, it's not always 100% enjoyable. You're gonna get frustrated at hard moments in the game, or you'll be pissed at your computer 'cuz it's not fast enough, or stuff like that -- ultimately, it's still not perfect. Why not devote that same time, or even just some of it, to practicing an instrument (something I avidly do), or reading a book, or playing sports, or going for a run, or in a more important case taking care of a family. Not that computer games shouldn't be played, but they must be kept within reason. The very propsect of just SITTING there for six or eight hours, on a consistent basis, when you're achieving nothing ... Ugh, God, I can't express how horrible that seems to me. Perhaps arguments can be made, but I sure have yet to hear any convincing ones.
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:12 am
Beatcow
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, when its a rainy day, i permit 3 hours or such. Read books, and swimming happen ALOT. I am 14, so being really good at Flash helps me out with atleast not WASTING time. Atleast I make works of art.

I GOT YOU GOOD!!!!HAHA!
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 2:58 pm
BearishSun
City Guard
City Guard

maybe we could see some of those "artworks"...hrmmm??
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:25 pm