Regaining Magika
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Malkiel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Fatigue vs. Stamina

I find it funny that people are arguing about fatigue recharge vs. majicka recharge.

I think its obvious: just like real life, you can recharge fatigue (catch your breath) by resting for a moment. So, just like real life, I should have to rest to recharge my...um, err...well i guess there is no real life comparison, so everyone will have their own opinion.

Now, sometimes I wish that I could recharge faster so I can practice better, but as more of a thief/fighter type, magic doesn't come naturally to me.

Knowing something about it now, if/when I play a mage specific char, I will take into account the way magic works in the world, and assume that in my training, alchemy and other ways of recharging majicka were taught to me. But that's just me.

Everyone will have a say, but there is really no basis of comparison to say whether its right or wrong. Oh, for a comparison, if you hit me with a sword, and I'm dropping! (What!!! I killed him after one hit?!)
Post Wed May 15, 2002 5:34 pm
cbeddoes

Join church

Mark a shrine with alsimivi restoration.

Recall.

Pay 5 gold to replenish Magicka
Post Wed May 15, 2002 9:44 pm

coradin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Last night I was playing around my enchantment skill and I made a neat medallion that recharges my magicka 10-20pts for 4 seconds that works pretty well.

I also made a few other items for commonly used spells to put in my quick slots. Not only do you cast faster, there is no chance of spell failure, and these items dont use magicka and raise my enchantment skill when used!

Granted you will need to gain a few levels before you can do this but enchantment is a great skill (now I just need some more soul gems).

Until that point I didnt have much problem with resting to get my mana back, it seemed believable enough to me.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 11:34 pm
marcuri
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Almsivi Restoration definitely not recharging Magicka for me

I'm playing a high elf, sign of the steed. I done Almsivi Restoration at the Tribunal Shrine several times - I think it cures deseases or something...

Maybe this only works for Atronachs?

Advice much appreciated, I've been sleeping a ton in the game so far. I haven't even been able to find an absorb magicka spell yet But I'm looking for one...

Post Thu May 16, 2002 1:40 am
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

i still think majick users in morrowind are getting screwed six ways to sunset.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Thu May 16, 2002 4:15 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2