Usergroups
A very interesting and rather amusing battle with the Sleepe
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Ralen_Sharr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

When I went to fight the Sleeper, being a mage, I summoned about 6-8 golems to handle the templars, novices(?), and Cor Kalom. My small army of stone ran into the chamber and started pounding at everything in sight. After all the people were dead, they ran up to the Sleeper and started pounding away it him! I thought, "alright! they should keep the Sleeper stun-locked while I stab the hearts!" but the Arch-Demon kept on flinging fireballs at me. So I ran off and cast Army of Darkness about 4-5 times. Then I came back into the chamber with a bow and was absolutely shocked at what I saw........
The Sleeper had come down off of his platform onto the main area where Cor-Kalom and his followers were! I shot the Sleeper with my bow to get the skeletons to attack it. I began to run around and watch what was going on. I see an army of creatures beating on the overgrown minecrawler for all they were worth. Which was nothing, the Sleeper was not even phased. I thought, maybe if I hit it with the Urizel Death Wave it might hurt it some. I wait for the pause in the fireballs, start casting my spell, and WHAM, the wave hits the Sleeper and all my creatures, killing about a dozen skeletons, and causing a sliver of damage to the Sleeper. Fustrated I ran off to think of something else. I had just remembered that Fire Demons take little or no damage from fire, so I summoned up about 10 fire demons and ran into the Sleepers chamber, charged right to one of the shrines and looked over at the Sleeper as it spit a fireball, stopping short hitting my "Demon Shield" WOOHOO!!!! The rest was childs play, seeing as how as soon as I stabbed a heart, and the demon lord thing spawned, I smacked it with my Scar's Sword and my demon gang proceed to beat the living crap out of it in short order. After that I just had to keep my mob of demons inbetween me and the Sleeper.
I just wish that I could have thumbed my nose at the Sleeper right before I stabbed the last heart.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 4:10 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

First of all you should label it as *SPOILER*
Next, the sleeper does not come off his pedestal.
Third, if you go near the sleeper he will put you to sleep.
Fourth, the sleeper shoots out Ice Bolts not Fire Bolts.
Fifth, the Fire demon cannot be harmed by the creatures you summon. They merely attempt(badly) at keeping it busy,
Sixth, you cannot summon fire demons, just demons.
Seventh, there is no such thing as a "Demon Death Shield"

All told it sounds like an interesting adventure. I will test your sleeper coming down tonite. I have a save game at that point.
These points are my opinion and may not be true.
I will test some tonite.

Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 4:38 am
Ralen_Sharr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ok, I dunno about in your game but in mine when I cast "summon demon" I get fire demons, and the balls that come out of the Sleepers mouth are red, and when they hit me, I catch on fire and do that FORKING fire dance. Also, I did not say "Demon Death Shield" I said "Demon Shield" referring to the pack of demons taking the hits from the Sleeper spit (fire or ice whatever your game has) giving the effect of a shield. Also, I dunno WTF happened to get the sleeper off it's platform, but it happened, I have a save that I can show to prove this. And also, somehow somewhere my fire demons were causing damage to the demons that stabbing the hearts popped up. Also I never said that I ran right up to the Sleeper, you don't have to be close to hit something with death wave. Maybe my game is different from yours, I dunno, I am just telling what my game did.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 5:24 am
Tempered
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

What your describing sounds almost identical to how my battle with the sleeper went. Except I ended up killing all my summoned creatures because they were just getting in the way.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 5:34 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Ok, The sleeper does shoot fireballs.
When you puncture a heart, a Demon LORD comes out, not a fire demon.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 5:44 am

The sleeper came off the platform quite a few times for me.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 5:59 am

NecroDancer...

you sure are being picky today
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:03 am

RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

quote:

On 2002-01-14 22:38, NecroDancer wrote:
First of all you should label it as *SPOILER*
Next, the sleeper does not come off his pedestal.
Third, if you go near the sleeper he will put you to sleep.
Fourth, the sleeper shoots out Ice Bolts not Fire Bolts.
Fifth, the Fire demon cannot be harmed by the creatures you summon. They merely attempt(badly) at keeping it busy,
Sixth, you cannot summon fire demons, just demons.
Seventh, there is no such thing as a "Demon Death Shield"

All told it sounds like an interesting adventure. I will test your sleeper coming down tonite. I have a save game at that point.
These points are my opinion and may not be true.
I will test some tonite.

omg, 1st off he said "demon sheild" and he was reffering to the pack of demons he summoned wich were taking all the shots from the sleeper, 2nd, he shoots fire balls!!!! when they hit you u catch on fire and sway about just like pyrokenesis..3rd, he never said he went near the sleeper.. he said he fired it with a bow once, never did he go up to the sleeper in his story..
i would recomend re-thinking your words before you attack some one for no reason.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:25 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I agreed it was a good story. But it didn't sound right. It's almost like you made it up because there were so many mistakes in it.
I guess it was picky.
One thing for sure, I have never seen the sleeper come down of its pedestal. I reloaded an end game and I have tried all diferent ways, including your solution.
I see now what you were talking about when you said shield.

My first time against the sleeper I did what you did, all the other times I have played the game I took out all the novices and kalom myself.
No mattter how it ends it's fun to the last drop. I would have preferred to have seen the barrier down.

Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:20 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I didn't think it was an attack. I needed clarification on a few items. I am satisfied with all except the sleeper coming down off the platform. If some one can post a screen shot of that it would be nice.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:22 am
mswolphe
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I also had the Sleeper come off it's pedestal much to my suprise. I went through the game as a warrior only, so I didn't have much for way of spells, and did it the hard way. Fighting thru the pyro spell and hacking everyone to pieces first. This took some time. Healed up, missed the shrines, and started for the Sleeper. Big mistake! After realizing that he was going to continually put me to sleep, I timed it right (or just got lucky), ran off the platform to heal and rethink my stratgey. Only to find that as I made my way back to the top of the steps, the Sleeper was right behind me, half way up the steps, blasting me with one fireball after the other until I was fried. The next time thru, I didn't go up the platform, and he never came after me, nor did I attack him directly. Having not much magic myself to rely upon, I let the Sleeper fry the Demons as I put them between me and the Sleeper. I'm sure this isn't the best strategy, but it was borne out of neccessity at the time and worked. It actually lent a sense of danger to the final battle and was therefore a great game experience for me. Peace
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 2:48 pm
Ralen_Sharr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2002-01-14 22:10, Ralen_Sharr wrote:
When I went to fight the Sleeper, being a mage, I summoned about 6-8 golems to handle the templars, novices(?), and Cor Kalom. My small army of stone ran into the chamber and started pounding at everything in sight. After all the people were dead, they ran up to the Sleeper and started pounding away it him! I thought, "alright! they should keep the Sleeper stun-locked while I stab the hearts!" but the Arch-Demon kept on flinging fireballs at me. So I ran off and cast Army of Darkness about 4-5 times. Then I came back into the chamber with a bow and was absolutely shocked at what I saw........
The Sleeper had come down off of his platform onto the main area where Cor-Kalom and his followers were! I shot the Sleeper with my bow to get the skeletons to attack it. I began to run around and watch what was going on. I see an army of creatures beating on the overgrown minecrawler for all they were worth. Which was nothing, the Sleeper was not even phased. I thought, maybe if I hit it with the Urizel Death Wave it might hurt it some. I wait for the pause in the fireballs, start casting my spell, and WHAM, the wave hits the Sleeper and all my creatures, killing about a dozen skeletons, and causing a sliver of damage to the Sleeper. Fustrated I ran off to think of something else. I had just remembered that Fire Demons take little or no damage from fire, so I summoned up about 10 fire demons and ran into the Sleepers chamber, charged right to one of the shrines and looked over at the Sleeper as it spit a fireball, stopping short hitting my "Demon Shield" WOOHOO!!!! The rest was childs play, seeing as how as soon as I stabbed a heart, and the demon lord thing spawned, I smacked it with my Scar's Sword and my demon gang proceed to beat the living crap out of it in short order. After that I just had to keep my mob of demons inbetween me and the Sleeper.
I just wish that I could have thumbed my nose at the Sleeper right before I stabbed the last heart.

ok, let me go through the details of the story to clarify things....

I summoned up about 10 fire demons
The fire demons were mine

and the demon lord thing spawned,
I had said it was a demon lord that spawned, not a fire demon

Before you pick at a story, please read it carefully.

If you give me an e-mail addy and tell me how to take a screenshot I'll e-mail you a pic of the Sleeper when it was off of it's platform.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 4:01 am
Ralen_Sharr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

BTW......

"so many mistakes"

???
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 4:02 am