RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
unconstitutional
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I have no idea if this was mentioned before, but here's the trick:

Find a blacksmith

Buy some raw steel from him

Now approach the furnace, and click CTRL + UP real fast, so your character just dips the steel in the fire then stops and proceeds to next raw steel. Just keep using the furnace until your character stops, dont count your raw steel and expect to stop when its out.

Now, when you use the anvil, water bucket and grindstone- press CTRL UP as FAST as you can, also stopping only when your character stops using the tool- don't pause or stop for any other reason.

Now you will have magically produced more swords then you had steel for... Sometimes I buy 10 Raw steel and end up with 22 crude swords in my inventory.

Talk to the blacksmith again, his raw steel will be replenished. Trade some of your swords for more steel, and keep doing this until satisfied.

Each crude sword trades for 50 ore, so using this trick you can easily trade for anything you want.

Of course, I always prefer just robbing store owners- but this trick is good in the beginning of the game when ore is really hard to get

cheers
Post Wed Jan 16, 2002 3:30 pm
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

You mean work for a living??
An honest living?
I'm in a prison! I will steal, kill, loot , pillage and plunder!
An easier way is to beat up the Black Smith and take all his equipment. One smithy had over 700 raw blades that I robbed. Then HE worked for ME.
Post Wed Jan 16, 2002 10:17 pm
unconstitutional
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well its not an honest living because there is a bug which somehow produces more swords then you have steel for if you click the action button real fast.... instead of producing 5 swords from 5 raw steel like you normally should, you can end up producing 10 or 11 swords!

It's REALLY good for the beginning- later on, sure just rob people...
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 4:13 am
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

forget buying the swords
takes for ever,
just open the chests next to all the black smiths and get all the raw steel (like 20 peices of steel per box)
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 9:03 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Disclaimer: If you ever spent more than 8-9K in Gothic it will be a miracle.

Man, when I first started in OC, EVERYONE is asking for my damn ore, so I'm thinking...
DAMN, ore is gonna be the hot item in this game, lemme start scheeming to rob every last one of these chump diggers for theirs...

15,000 ore and 36 levels later, turns out you only need it for training skills and buying the armors...with everyone else you can barter off your goods for their goods
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:28 pm