i need some help plz!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

i need some help plz!

hey.. i have like these very worthy items (glass stuff,etc) and no shop has enough gold to give me for it!
so can anyone give me an easy to find shop that has much gold to give for my weapons? tnx
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:00 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

High-valued items

This is a common problem in the world of Morrowind. Most people seem to be peasants, scratching a living out of selling Peach Glass Pots and Folded Cloth. You, however, are a death-dealing reincarnation of a Dunmer Hero, or par with the Gods of the Tribunal. There's bound to be some discord.

You have four choices of what to do with your items:

1) Sell them piece by piece to the Creeper

If you sell The Creeper a lot of expensive stuff up to his limit (5,000gp), the following day his money will regenerate and he'll still have the items. Buy the items off him and sell him something worth 10,000gp. Next day buy the 10,000gp items off him and sell him something worth 15,000gp... Eventually you can sell him that Glass Halberd or whatever, but it'll take a week or so of waiting for 24hrs each time.

Some people consider this cheating and disapprove of doing it. Like me.

2) Trade them for bigger items

If you've got an Ebony Gauntlet but you wear Light Armour, try selling the gauntlet to the armourer at Ghostgate in part exchange for a Glass Cuirass or something. High value items are good trading pieces when you're buying things of similar or higher value.

3) Trade them for many smaller items

Go talk to Ra'Virr and see how many Demon/Fiend Katanas he'll trade you for your Glass Greaves. You can then trade a Katana to someone else for a number of Dreugh pieces, or a pile of Silver Swords, which should be a lot easier to sell to the peasants. Takes a while and you get hit on the merchant's disposition, but a good way of disposing of unwanted stock.

4) Keep them

I've got a house in Balmora literally decorated with Glass, Ebony, Daedric, and various artifacts. It makes for a fantastic screenshot.

(PS. I've a good idea for a mod to alleviate this problem, but don't have much time to investigate and see if it's possible yet. Watch this space.)
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:25 pm