Usergroups
n00b question
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
DeepFreeze
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I haven't been playing Gothic all that long. I would have been able to be admitted into the swamp camp and the new camp except i had to be level 5. And then it hit me, "Wtf do i have to do for exp in this game?" I have no more quests to do, i'm sick to death of running people's errands, and any monster that gives more than 60 exp beats the crap out of me. Someone help!

P.S.
For some reason, Gothic runs really poor on my system (800mhz, Win98, 128MB ram, 32MB TNT2 Card). It's old, I know. Had it for a few years now. It can handle a lot more than you would think for some reason, even the infamous Tribes 2 and Wolfenstein with no performance problems AT ALL. But as soon as i load up Gothic, "Holy Chopiness, Batman!"

Any suggestions for either of my 2 issues?
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 2:23 am

Just complete all your quests first, worry about exp later. If you want exp, complete the easy old camp mini quests, given to you by Dexter, Sly, Fingers, or the harder ones by Thorus and Scally. Also explore the new camp! consider all options first, and then decide on a camp. or be chimpy and complete all quests possible for all camps without joining them (save before talking to an NPC about a potentially completed quest).
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 2:55 am

DeepFreeze
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Bah, more errands than, eh? Well, 2 things. Where does Nek actually go? Sly says he goes to the new camp and diego says he doesn't. Man, what unoriginal camp names. And finally, does anyone have any tips to increse performance on ol' bessy?(my computer)
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 3:28 am

My Tip performance on TnT2?is it M64 or pro.anyway u might have to download the nvidias new drivers the 23.11,yes in direct test might show slow performance but in the game it really works good it even better just slight more details on the game,,ake sure when u download the drivers do not have the following programs running while dowloading nvidias driver first of all its the antivirus second is what ever download accelarater you have.and even instalation do not have them on.U might need the Direct x 8.1 not 8.0 or 8.0a.third get a tweaker for ur card.there alot out there for Tnt2 look for them on yahoo.com hope this help.Ps maybe its because u have 128 megs of ram make sure u have at least 256 or better yet 512 of ram and also maybe it because of win98.I run mine 256 ram on winme.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:14 am

DeepFreeze
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ME. Hah, rubbish. I have that on my other computer at my moms and it blows. Everything runs slow, i get random retarded errors out of the clear blue sky(especially Kernel32.dll) and it blue-screens all the time. I know the ram is killin' me and i have the latest drivers, but its all i have. I will check up on the tweaker though. Thanks. I might only have DirectX 8.0 now that i think of it...
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:21 am

You need more RAM... My system is very similar with a TNT2 M64 and a 700MHz clock. I am running at 800x600 with 80% visibility, no sky effects. I originally ran it with 128Mb RAM, and it was unplayable. I had to buy more RAM, now with 256MB.

Clancy
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 6:57 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

More RAM makes a huge difference. IMO itīs unplayable with 128 MB.

To gain xp find the NPCs who guide you to the other camps. They do the hunting, you get the xp. Then solve quests for all 3 camps.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:38 pm