View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

quote:
Originally posted by KaiRo
i would love to see gothic II ads in your local game magazines.

I saw an ad for Gothic 2 in pcgamer, looked quite good.

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:04 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ow one more question will we see Ur Shak in addon also ?
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:16 pm
Kenneth Noillats
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, maybe its oblivious to him that this is a english(-speaking) site althought its obvious

@climax: 1. Nein und 2. Keine Ahnung

Climax wants to know: Does anybody know the URL for the Gothic II Addon

Hi KaiRo!

The Expansion comes just in time for my new PC, where I can actually play Gothic II without having to take breaks for work or sleep or slt between the frames
So here comes my question. Will I be able to play the Addon from the Start on or do I have to complete GII and just THEN play the Addon?
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:41 pm
KaiRo
Piranha Bytes
Piranha Bytes

first, thank you all for your compliments! i really appreciate that.

----------------------------------------------

@ragnar: thanks for your positive feedback on the soundtrack . it soothes my tortured soul. but i agree that the raven sample stands out in terms of volume and poor quality i could pretend that it was done consciously to prepare you for "the night of the raven". but you probably wouldn't believe it anyway.

actually i have much more spare time now than i had until last weekend. i wouldn't call it "rest" though, as i have to make up for all the missed leisure-time activities with my friends. thank you for asking after my well-being!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

@sirdeity: the "longest-posting-so-far"-award goes to you (to all the others: please don't try to break the record! )

quote:
I'm not sure how much you pay your voice actors, but if you pay for the transportation I'd be more than willing to be a voice actor for free... I'd even be willing to live at the work place, so long as it had a bathroom...

our workplace is a residental building and therefore it's equipped with everything necessary. nico and i literally live here. in addition to our offices, we have a bedroom (two separate bedrooms, of course). and enough mattress for all the other "night-shiftlers". so don't hesitate to come and visit us

quote:
I'd imagine you've got plenty of loyal fans out there just dying to take on the responsibility of creating, hosting, and running a fan club for you. How would you feel about something like that?

sounds interesting, but what would that fan club look like? is there anything to it that we couldn't realize here in the forums? can't wait to see more suggestions.

quote:
Was there any change in the lighting of Gothic 2?

there were some changes indeed (mostly in terms of performance), but they should not have any effect on the "look". do you still use the same graphic hardware? gothic II was actually supposed to look more colorful than the colony...

quote:
(...) I typed a short review on Gothic 2 recently (...)

that is a great review! pleasure to read it, apart from that sentence: "hearing a strange, new voice assigned to the same NPC is almost heartbreaking". my guilty conscience makes me feel really bad about that.

my email adress is no secret. i am piranha bytes's official webmaster, and you can contact me via this email: webmaster@piranha-bytes.com! put please add "[rpgdot]" to the subject line. i get hundreds of emails each day, mainly spam. if i took all the penis enlargement pills that i'm offered, i could barely carry my ... eh... stomach.

thank you very much for your in-depth posting. i apologize for not replying to of your numerous questions. for the case i left an aspect absolutely worth discussing unanswered, don't hesitate to post your questions again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

@dez: you are damn right, dragons are too easy. we had a few technical problems due to their size, and when the dragons were finally implemented, insufficient time for balancing and tuning was left. sorry for that.

fishing? now that sounds exciting. are you talking about real-time-fishing? generally i like the idea to allow the player to interact with the world in whichever possible way, and i think there will be more of that in gothic III.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

@freakie: hey, thank your for your efforts. i'll put all those review links on the english website as soon as i find the time. good job!

@mopster: diego's english voice was unavaliable.

we were thinking about magic staffs for the addon, but we had to postpone that feature for the time being. we'll keep it in mind. i personally would love to fight with a magic staff!

@j.t.: hi. nice to see you here. i'm looking forward to see your screenshots. keep us informed about your progress.

@climax: es gibt auch ein deutsches forum zum addon. http://forum.jowood.de/forumdisplay.php?&forumid=168 bitte poste deine fragen dort, da die anderen sich hier nicht sehr über deutsche postings freuen dürften. übrigens: die addon-page ist noch in arbeit.

(translation: there is a german addon-forum as well. the others won't exactly be pleased by german postings, so please stick to the german forum. btw: i'm still working on the addon-webpage.
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:56 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Someone should really move this to the spoiler section...
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:02 pm
J.T.
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Question from me:

Will we hear a new magnificent soundtrack?
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:16 pm
KaiRo
Piranha Bytes
Piranha Bytes

quote:
Originally posted by J.T.
Question from me:

magnificent? whew, thanks. there is some new music in the addon, of course, but i'm making plans to reach the next level in gothic III. we will not use direct music any longer, but develop our own music system. that new system will allow me to have on the one hand the sound quality of a live-recorded orchestra (my first-time experience with a real orchestra...! i leap at the challange), and on the other hand the benefits of interactive and dynamic music.
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:34 pm
J.T.
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
quote:
Question from me:

magnificent? whew, thanks. there is some new music in the addon, of course, but i'm making plans to reach the next level in gothic III. we will not use direct music any longer, but develop our own music system. that new system will allow me to have on the one hand the sound quality of a live-recorded orchestra (my first-time experience with a real orchestra...! i leap at the challange), and on the other hand the benefits of interactive and dynamic music.

I really like to hear soundtracks of films and games. And the music in Gothic is really magnificent.
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:43 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Hi first let me congratulate you on very good game and I hope there will be more to come.

I seldom pass the opportunity to ask developers a question or two, so there they come:

1. You mention that G3 is started from the scratch, but I hope the story will continue with the same character/s? Which brings another question (if you feel it’s a spoiler I understand) will the character lose the all experience and start from the scratch or it will be possible to continue with our developed char.?
2. What would you guys play in the spare time if you had such commodity, are there any games you would like to try?
3. I’ve seen open invitation to one guy, although I live in Canada I’m traveling very often to old continent (roots and family there) so if I drop by to pick up most of you (developers) autographs it wouldn’t be a big problem now would it?
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:18 pm
Mopster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i hope we start from scratch again, i played the game till the end, and formatted my pc a few weeks back, so my savegame is gone too, along with my character ...
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:41 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
quote:
Question from me:

If you ever get the chance…Play a little G2 in surround sound. I bought a Sony surround sound wireless headphone set (I play at night and I don’t think my family would appreciate me pumping your game through my audio system) right before I bought the UK ver. and it was my first game played in a surround sound environment…BLEW ME AWAY!! The city streets were too cool…Keep the support for surround sound coming! I can’t wait to hear a full philharmonic orchestra sound track in surround sound…Now you know why I rave about the sound track…

Sylvio
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:43 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

A Question about the addon: When do you think that you know if there is ganna be an English version of the addon or not. (So with other words if i'm ganna kick Ataris ass or not ).

O and before I forget: Is there still coming a patch or .....

Gothic II Credits
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:11 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ok since i kinda forgot to put this in my other posts, the game is great, the only ones that managed to draw me into it like this was gothic 1 and one of the fallout games but they dont count since they arent in the same type of rpg, anyway gothic 2 is deffinitely the best game every played and the voice acting is great besides the dissapiontment of diego being changed, but no big deal at least he didnt play as big a role as he did in the first one, then it would be a really big deal, the graphics are beautiful, and i cant wait to see what they will be like with a new engine, but i have a request for gothic 3, i know everyone really hates how people identify you as a member of a guilds when you arent wearing you armor, i think when you're not wearing your armor then the npc's shouldnt be able to tell that you're in a guild is there any way that you could talk the other guys into changing that?

and guys be realistic, there will never be a gothic 50, and if there was none of us would be alive to enjoy it, (considering how long it takes to make a game and how long atari takes to release it in english) but besides that i doubt any of us would like it, just like the jason series although its still going strong somehow, they wouldnt be able the think up that many good story lines, and no game should go over 7 or 8 its just not right, and if there is a gothic 50 then who the hell would buy it? just think about it itd be like our great, great, great, grandchildren and why the hell would we wanna live that long?

And kairo get some sleep, all of us would understand if you left us hanging for a couple days, after all you deserve it for the great gameplay hours you and the other pihranas have given us by creating these 2 games
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Mopster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

may i ask why Diego's voiceactor was unavailable ? excuse my curiousity
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:47 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

oh yeah that was my other question
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:49 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next