Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Need some help with something simple
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I have heard many people saying they are getting like 8,000 ore and stuff like that. However, I can't figure out how they do that unless they are actually finding the ore in chests or something. (*note: I just bought this game) The reason I can't figure this out is because I recently managed to get about 300 ore worth of merchandise but when I went up to Frisk and tried to get all ore out of him, he only had 200 pieces! Does his ore supply refresh or something? I came back about 10 minutes later but he didn't have any more on him then either... Same thing with the other merchants in the Old Camp. Sorry for the newbie question, but thanks in advance. (BTW, has anyone noticed that the English manual that comes with the game is a little... "lacking"?)
*Note: (Also posted in General)
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 4:09 am

Posted: 2002-01-05 22:01
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please reply, I'm kind of waiting for someone to tell me so I can start playing again!
I'd also like to add a technical question, sometimes when I go in the woods part of the landscape disappears and I can see through the world! Ex. I'll be between two hills and one hill will disappear and I will be able to see into eternity.

System Specs:
P2 400mHz
320MB SDRAM
140GB HD
GeForce2 64MB
Forgot other stuff
BTW, plz don't make fun!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 4:10 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

1. Ore
I have 12 000 ore, but I am in chapter 5, so you can not expect, you will have such big amount from begining.
You can (basicaly) get ore from this three sources:
- selling things (there will be very expensive things later in game)
- lockpick chests (you need only lockpicks and you do not need lockpicking skill, you can use save/load)
- beat people and rob them (but you must be strong enough and you must choose them carefuly - do not beat someone you will need later)
I thing that amount of ore is "respawning" (in shop of every merchant) in begining of every chapter (6 chapters are in this game - also amount of arrows etc. is reapearing like that).
And amount of ore respawning is growing.
But trade in Gothic is barter trade, so you do not need to sell thing you pick up for ore and then buy something you need with ore.
2. Textures desapearing
There is only one place where this is happening (near back gates of OC, when you go over river).
Because this is only place, there is no need to do something with it.
(Or are there more places like that in your game?)
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 8:41 am

whats all this chapter stuff i dont know what chapter im in
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 6:47 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-01-06 12:47, Anonymous wrote:
whats all this chapter stuff i dont know what chapter im in

There are 6 chapters in this game. When one of them begins, you will see message that you will surely notice.
Try "Start new game" and after you finish your dialog with Diago, there will be this screen with "Chapter 1" - this is possibility if you would like to see how it looks like.
But you are probably in Chapter 1. This chapter is longest...
You will enter chapter 2 several moments after you join one camp.

Good luck.
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 7:14 pm